Nice | Todd Brotzman

Requested by @___CRAYOLA__

Summary: You meet Todd Brotzman in an... interesting way...

QOTP: Who's your favorite out of the Rowdy 3?

Word Count: 727

Todd and Dirk are sitting in Todd's still-trashed apartment. Todd's on the couch, Dirk is in the kitchen.

"Why are they called the Rowdy 3 if there's four of them?" Todd asks absently, looking at a broken chair on the floor.

Dirk maneuvers to the window and shakes his head, although Todd's back is to him. "Five," he corrects.

"What?" Todd asks incredulously, turning.

Dirk swallows. "Five, Todd. There's five of them."

"Dirk, there's four. I think I'd know; I watched them destroy my apartment-"

"Todd, there is five of them," Dirk says, pointing out the window. Todd practically jumps over the back of the couch and looks out the window.

The Rowdy 3 are all standing outside of their van... with an extra member.

"Is that a girl?" Todd asks.

Dirk sighs, "Todd, it is 2017; don't be sexist."

"I wasn't being se- You know what? No. Alright."

Todd takes off out the door and downstairs, speed walking like a grandma training for the Olympics - you know the walk.

Dirk follows him, walking in the sane manner.

When they reach the ground floor and walk outside, all five of the Rowdy 3 look up.

"You know, you could at least help me fix my apartment after you trashed it," Todd sasses after a pause, glancing at the newest member.

The shortest one and the one with the white hair laugh loudly and the former jumps around. The other two shake their heads while the newbie stands back, arms crossed and a bat in her hand.

"Who's this?" Dirk asks suspiciously, gesturing to the new member.

She steps forward. "I'm Y/N."

Todd holds his hands up. "Hold on, hold on; I don't even know the original four of you!"

The one with the white hair nods. "Martin."

The one dark one who looks kind of done with it all spits. "Gripps."

The one with the longer black hair looks almost disgusted with Gripps. "Cross."

The short, crazier one shouts. "Vogel!"

The newbie - Y/N - puts her hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, Vogel, alright? Deep breaths, man."

He nods a little and steps back. Dirk and Todd stare with astonishment. She shrugs at them.

"Who are you?" Dirk asks her.

She looks at him like he's crazy. "Y/N."

"But where did you come from?"

"... My mom?"

Martin and Vogel laugh hysterically while the other two chuckle. When the laughter dies down, Dirk asks a different question. "How are you with them?"

"I just... am?"

"But... how did this happen? Where did they find you?"

"Somewhere outside of town. Used to live on the street, but they took me in."

Dirk nods, pondering it all. "This is connected to something," he mutters.

Y/N looks over at Todd. "And who are you?"

Todd swallows. "I - uh - I'm Todd. Brotzman. That's Dirk-"

"Dirk. Dirk Gently, holistic detective," he interrupts with a small smile.

However, Y/N doesn't pay much attention to him. "Todd?"

He blanches. "Um... yes?"

"Nice."

"... What?"

////

Over the next few months, the Rowdy 3 van can be seen in front of Todd's apartment often.

Luckily, they haven't trashed it again, but Y/N has been hanging out around the apartment. For one, Dirk wants to find out more about her. Secondly, she and Todd have developed a friendship.

Also Vogel kind of likes Amanda, but that's none of my business.

"Todd, pass me a water," Y/N says, falling onto his couch and dropping her bat on the floor. Todd, who is in the kitchen, throws a bottle of water to her. She catches it.

"So, what have you and the idiots been up to?" Todd asks, walking towards the couch.

Y/N sits up. "They're not idiots. They're just... Yeah, okay, they're kind of idiots. Anyway, we've just been vandalizing things. You know. The usual."

Todd nods, then nervously takes a sip of his water. "Well, um, could you maybe take a break from vandalizing things to, um... g-go on a, uh, d-date with me? Possibly? I mean, you don't have to; I could see why you wouldn't want to, but-"

"I'd love to, Todd."

"Wait, you would?"

"Yeah, I just said that."

Todd smiles. "Nice."