Chapter 1

"Scott! Will you take those things off and come blow your candles out" Scott's mom called from the living room where his classmate were awkwardly waiting for him. Scott didn't move a muscle, his music was playing loud through his headphones.

"Scott, dear come on everyone is waiting" his mom said pushing the headphone from off his ears but Scott pulled them right back over them.

"Connie everyone is waiting" Rick Scott's dad said walking up to his wife. She signed and pointed to their 5 year old.

"Scotty come on let's go" he said pulling the little boys arm into the living room. As Scott reach all his classmates he dropped to the floor laying face down. His dad shook his head kneeling down next to his child. "Come on buddy" his dad said stroking his back. He sighed looking up at all the children and their parents staring at him and his boy. "She caught me on the counter" his dad sang.

"It wasn't me" Scott sang quietly.

"Saw me kissing on the sofa" Rick continued

"It wasn't me" Scott sang a bit louder lifting his head to face his dad.

"Even had her in the shower" Rick smiled.

"It wasn't me" Scott sang taking his headphones off and giving them too his dad.

"Okay? We okay?" His day said taking them and standing up with Scott. "We are okay" he said smiling to his wife. Connie clapped and brought the cake over to Scott as everyone started singing happy birthday.

<><><><><>

"So you're saying he's autistic?" Connie questioned the specialist doctor.

"He's on the autistic spectrum" she answered. Connie's mind was running wild a million things going throw at once. Rick squeeze her hand as they walked out of the doctor's office with Scott.

"It's okay!" He assured.

"Is it really? Do you know Joe's birthday party is today, everyone in the class was invited except Scott."

"Joe with the inhaler?" Rick sighed at the nod he received and got in the car.

"It was a football party. I don't understand we invited all of them to his, we've been so nice. I just feel sorry for him." Connie sighed looking back at her son as he listened to music in the back of the car.

"It's not the end of the world, you know. Yeah it's gonna be hard but he's a strong kid."

A/N- Thanks Selena for the books cover!!