Chapter 13

"Alex you should go back to class now, Scotts mom is on her way to pick him up" Mrs Koop said to Alex. They were in her office, Alex was sat next to Scott as he bobbed his head long to his music. He hadn't taken them off since Alex put them on him as well as not talking to anyone, even Alex.

"Can't I just wait till his mom gets here please?" Alex begged.

"Alexander he's fine. Go to class" Alex groan and gave Scott and hug before leaving.

"I'll ring you after school Scott!" He called back before walking out the office.

"Alex! How's Scott?" Kirstie said as she bumped into Alex on the way to last period.

"I honestly don't know. He looks okay, he's listening to music but he hasn't spoken to anyone. He's probably still in shock or something. But he wasn't hurt so that's good." Alex said as he walked through the halls.

"That's good! Mrs Koop said Jackson is getting kicked out, apparently he was on his last strike" the small girl said as she stopped when she reaches her destination.

"I'll see you tomorrow" she stated rather than asked.

"Yep!"

<><>

"Hello Mrs Hoying, is Scott there?"

"Hello Alex! He's in his room I'll give him the phone. Maybe you can get him to talk. He hasn't even come down for food and you know he loves food." Connie joked.

"I'll try Ma'am" Alex said sweetly.

"Here he is"

"Hey Scotty! How are you?" Alex could here Scott Breathing down the phone but that's all. "I know you're not taking at the moment, I'll just talk because everyone knows I love to talk." Alex thought he heard a laugh but was probably just Scott moving around.

"Yourmom said you haven't eaten today, I know that what happened was scary and I'm sorry I wasn't there, but it's over now. Jackson was kicked out of school he can't hurt you again. Kirstie said that was his last strike he's never coming back. I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you no matter what. You're my best friend and more" Alex blushed even though Scott couldn't see. "And I love you." Alex heard Scotts breathing change slightly. "Now can you please go down stairs and eat something and hug your mom because she's worried about you. I'll see you tomorrow Scott" Alex waited about 10 seconds before hanging up incase Scott was gonna say anything.

On the other end Scott did exactly what Alex told him to do. Once Alex had hung up he walked to the kitchen where his mom was, he stood in the doorway before his mom notice that he was there. She took the phone out of his hands as he offered it to her.

"Do you want sometimes eat?" Connie asked receiving a nod from Scott.

"Still not talking them? But we are making progress" Connie mumbled.

After Scott was finished eating the food that his mom had made for him he stood up and gave his mom a short hug as Alex had told him to do and disappeared back upstairs, leaving a surprised Connie.