Chapter 16

Alex went home to get changed and ready to take Scott out for lunch at 5. It was safe to say that Alex was nervous, which was completely ridiculous because they had been out to eat maybe times. However somehow labelling things puts a lot of pressure on something.

At 4:30 he and his mom drove to Scotts house to pick up Scott and they were dropped off at a local restaurant and told to call when they were ready.

"Hey, what can I get you?" The young waiter asked.

" I'll have a Diet Coke and the special sandwich, thank you.. Selena." Alex said reading her name badge, his mom always told him to remember his manners.

"I'll have the same as you" Scott said to Alex.

"Two then please"

"Okay, I'll bring your drinks right over it shouldn't take long."

The restaurant wasn't that big so service was fast and before they new it their sandwiches had arrived. They eat with mild conversation between bites.

"My mom was freaking out when you left" they had both finished their sandwiches and were waiting for desert.

"Why?" Alex asked confused

"Well apparently dates are a big deal but I didn't get it because we go out to eat a lot but somehow this does feel different." Alex agreed. He felt more awkward then usually.

"I agree. Maybe because date are always said to be awkward we are making it awkward? Why don't we just pretend like it's not a date and act like we all ways do?" So they did. The night got less awkward and after desert had come and gone they just talked and laughed liking being out of the house with no parents around.

They were telling jokes that only they found funny and remember stuff that had happened when they were little. It was gone 7 by the time either had looked at there phones.

"I think it's time to go, sadly" Alex said.

"Why sadly?"

"Because I love spending time with you and this was really fun." Alex confessed.

"Me too. Can we do it every week?" Scott said excitedly.

"Maybe not every week. We could have a date night every month?"  Alex suggested.

"Oh yeah please! Can we?"

"Of course. Come on" Alex stood up and held out his hand for his boyfriend to take. He called his mom to pick them up and they waited on the bench outside the restaurant.

"I'm tired!" Scott yawned, placing his head on Alex's.

"You always are. You wake up to early and are so hyper in the morning no wonder you just drop at the end of the day."

"I'm not hyper!" Scott argued.

"Okay not hyper but wide awake" Alex chuckled and smiled at Scotts grin. "I love you"

"Me too" Alex smiled and kiss him on the lips, remembering to tap the blonds arm before pulling away. He didn't say it back but it was a start, he thought