Chapter 3

"We have a new student today so make sure he feels welcome. His name is Alexander" Scotts teacher said to the class. The brunette boy was placed on Scotts table that he shared with 2 other girls. They were all working on writing their names. The teacher spent a little more time helping Alex but Scott already knew so he was coloring and listening to music of course.

Snack time was announced so all the 5 year olds filed out of the classroom to the playground. Scott made his way to his usual spot.

"Hey! I'm Alex." The new boy said as he sat down next to Scott. Scott carried on bobbing his head to his music. "What are you listening too?" He tried again to get the blond to talk.

"Halo by Beyoncé from her third album ' I am... Sasha Fierce which was released in 2008." Scott said in all one breath.

"Wow how do you remember all that I barely remember how to spell my name" Alex joked. Scott removed his headphones from his ears and turned to Alex with a big smile.

The boys talked all day about music Scott liked. Every time he said a song he would recite the artist, album and year. Music was his favorite thing and it was great to have found someone to listen to him talk about it.

Weeks went by and Scott and Alex were inseparable. Scotts parents were happy at first to see their son finally making friends with children his own age. However, they didn't realise how much Scott depended on Alex now. If for some reason he wasn't in school Scott would have a break down. It wasn't a big one but it happened. They just gave him his headphones and sat him in the quiet area of the classroom. However, when Alex was there he hardly wore them. The headphones were kinda his social bubble if he was wearing them he didn't want to speak but if he wasn't the he was willing to speak, mostly. Alex usually did all the talking.