6- They say love is a battlefield...

His tone told me that he was very angry, for what reason I had no idea. It didn't help matters that this was the most he's said to me in the past few days since our dinner the night of my arrival. No, that didn't help matters at all as immediately I too felt annoyed.

"We're building abed, want to help?" I ask, too chirpily.

"Outside," he demands, glancing at the boys who were pretending to play with the screwdrivers.

"What's up?"

"What's going on?"He demands again.

"We're building furniture for the boys room, you said it was spare."

"Who paid for this?"Is he for real right now?

"I did, who else?"

"And you didn't think to ask me, about the room? For money?"

"And when would I do that?" I counter, "When did I see you, to do that, did you even turn up to dinner? Did you talk to me, in the days that I've been here?"

He's silent for awhile, knowing it's true. Then he does something I should have expected, he pulled out a card, "Use this from now on," then without another word he walked away leaving me speechless.

Oh, there was plenty I wanted to say but the sheer audacity of the moment wasn't lost on me,instead of an excuse, pathetic as it might have been, instead of saying anything he just walked away. Leaving me with money, is that what he always did, compensated with money?

In a complete fit of anger I find a pair of scissors and snip the poor offending card into a million little pieces, which is somewhat therapeutic. I had more than enough money of my own, I would spend it as I wished, on whatever I wanted, I'd be more open to using his money if I didn't feel like it was a lame bargaining chip – some sort of consolation for him, he wasn't hanging out with us but he gave us money so we'd be okay.

I took a few calming breathes before entering the room not wanting to show the kids anything, I could tell as soon as I entered they were a little crestfallen at Theo not coming in with me but they quickly got over it.

The day was a long one,we had managed to get two beds done and were half way through doing the wardrobe but it was time for dinner, one which I hadn't cooked nor had any intentions of doing so.

We ordered pizza, one pepperoni and one vegetarian, just in case anyone decided to join us.Nobody did, but after I had put the kids to bed and went back down to the kitchen for tea the boxes had mysteriously disappeared. I didn't understand why they couldn't just eat with us or why they felt as if they couldn't show their face but whatever. Right now, I was too tired to care.

I sipped my tea as I caught up on emails, sending a few texts to friends and checking upon Cal and MJ and of course the soon to be arrivals.