10- The Dreadful Dinner (part 1)

I awoke feeling heavy, you know when you've slept for ages and it's been a really solid sleep. Your limbs feel heavy and each muscle moves like you've been living like a sloth for years.I stretch slowly, almost cat like, then slump back onto my bed again.

Rested and refreshed, for the most part I look to the time just in case I'm super late for breakfast. It's 6 am, joy, I'm not late. I wrap myself into my duvet burrito style and lay back down just enjoying the current peace in my world right now. On one hand I want to think about what I need to do today and on the other I just want to forget about everything. 

Those boys left me high and dry yesterday, I fume to myself mentally.Actually, hold on where is that abomination they presumably left me.Too comfortable to want to wriggle my arms out of my burrito and lets face it – I'm too lazy too – I resort to awkwardly using my mouth and teeth to burrow under my pillow and capture the paper instead.

Yes, it would have been easier to use my hands, but they are way too comfy right now.

Thankfully, I had left it open and not folded in a million pieces as that would be another mission in itself.

So, there was an umbrella, rain on a cheque and a sad face?

What was that supposed to mean?

It really is too early in the morning for this. Why did they have to decide that using some sort of
picture code to send a message is a good idea? Well, it probably is a good idea but not when the
other person can't figure it out! I was never any good at riddles, I simply do not have the patience for them. A cheque, rain and a sad face. Does the umbrella count?

But wait, rain on a cheque?

A rain check?

Eureka!

They wanted to take a rain check and they were sorry!

I'm so happy I'm almost willing to burst out of my burrito and do a happy dance.

Key word: almost.

I have an hour to waste laying here in bed and decide to torture myself by opening up some emails. Emails of proposals for new building projects in amazing parts of the world that I could be apart of had I not met my reclusive, too faced mate.

Alas,clearly it isn't meant to be as here I am, in bed with my very own mystery to solve about this weird pack and it's even weirder inhabitants. As I scroll through the proposals, I delete those which aren't possible as they require a totally hands on approach, which was my preferred method before. I don't even bother to open the last few, leaving those that require consultation or blueprints only.

I don't have as much as these types of proposals as I very rarely accept them but now these are probably the only types of proposals I will be able to accept, not that I'm not able to travel as freely.