27 The 'miracle' fruit & the long awaited talk



I awoke with a start, unsure of my surroundings only to find myself in bed, how did I get here? I don't even remember ...

I groan feeling incredibly exhausted, I suppose a bit of a lie in won't hurt right?

I pick up my phone to text Clara to just send the boys here if they're awake and downstairs already. They can play while I chill and we'll all eat breakfast together for once. Life clearly had other plans though as it was already 12:30, with a small shriek I leap out of bed and jump straight into the shower.

Five minutes later and I'm bounding down the stairs two by two, berating myself at not setting an alarm. I was so behind in my schedule of things I did now that my pack was ill it's crazy. I enter an empty kitchen but find two notes stuck to the fridge. One from Clara and the other from Leon, they've gone to get groceries but he's already checked on the camps for me.

Well, I guess it was only fitting they went together, that is where they first met.

As much as I appreciated Leon checking in on everyone for me I always do it myself too, I don't want anyone to think that just because Theo's KO'd that I won't be here for them the best I can. And while there's no groceries to make any food I make a flask of coffee and leave for the women's camp.

On my way there I thought of the discoveries we made last night. I know for sure that Clara won't mention anything to anyone without my say so but the question is what do I want to mention to the medical teams?

Don't get me wrong I trust everyone here in my pack helping but at the end of the day I know that this virus is potentially deadly. And as much good as the Council do they could also do bad, after all you just need an enemy really.

Did I really want to give the chemical components out to them? The information I had found basically provided clear instruction for the doctors and scientists out there to recreate this virus if necessary but do I want to risk it being used to make anyone, no matter how bad or 'evil', suffer?

I've read everything that this does to you, everything so no I'm not particularly fond of that idea. Just because we're werewolves and other supernatural creatures and humans are all currently at peace doesn't mean we'll stay like that forever. The effect on the other species can be devastating and I don't want to be responsible for finding out of exactly how effective this can be on them.

By then end of my walk I've decided that no I'm not going to share any information just yet, I want to see if my long shot of finding the cure paid off first and then maybe I'll give something away.

And if the cure did exist? I probably wouldn't mention it either purely because what if someone, anyone wanted to monopolise it for themselves? It was given to the people from the Moon Goddess for everyone, and was thus fair game to everyone too. Well that's what I thought anyways.

After I check in on everyone in both cabins I trudge back to the pack house, incredibly exhausted. Nothing had changed for better or for worse. I was tired already. A quick check of the time tells me that Sarah would be boarding the plane now, I'm tempted to text her but don't want to seem like a stalker.

I can't resist and fire off a quick, 'good luck and look after yourself xx'.

***

The next week is torture, nothing much is happening and I still haven't heard from Sarah so I don't know what's going on. I'm not good at waiting, and everyone else is just doing their best to do their job.

I'm not going to lie, I was beginning to give up hope after not hearing from her, honestly the rational part of me knows that this could mean anything. I did send her to a middle of nowhere rainforest after all, I'm sure you couldn't find a Wifi hotspot attached to a tree.