15- Things go very badly wrong

After gargling with some warm salt water and making myself some lemon, ginger and honey tea I go about looking for the boys. My throat was marginally better but I know that it'll probably take a day or two to get back to normal, that and numerous cups of ginger tea.

I want to lie low today, wallow in self pity, the comments Conner made ringing in my ears made me not even want to seek refuge with my brother. I should really go see how MJ is getting on. It would be nice to do something for them, a baby shower/ pack party? This needs to be added to my mental to do list, if i remember ...

 As I hole myself up with the kids planning my new project: a treehouse. I had noticed yesterday that there were two well placed Oak trees, next to each other and so magnificently big they they could accommodate a well sized tree house, or even two smaller ones.

We planned and sketched meticulously for hours until finally I drew a final blue print and hung it up in their room, both a reminder of our new project together and to get permission for our new project from Theo. If I could ever find him that is.

This is the stuff of murder mysterious, I'm sure 'The Case of the Ever Missing Alpha'. Actually, I could write a good few mystery books about this pack, 'The Case of the Missing Pack Members', 'Alexandria Woods and the Crazy Pack Members' the list could go on but I don't want to wallow too much about my situation.

We take a break, I feel guilty for cooping them up in the room when the weather is so great out, despite my intentions being noble it still didn't feel right.

As nobody is around, we go downstairs, where I fix a light lunch and the boys play outside. We eat lunch on the patio, with the sun shining down on us. For a moment I forget my worries, all my troubles washed away with the light of the sun.

After lunch, the boys ask for some juice so I pour some for them and then myself. Taking a sip of the cool drink I notice it had a slightly odd taste to it. Almost metallic. Another smaller sip this time, yup, definitely metallic.

So very strange.

The nausea hit me like a freight train, my vision blurred the world spun.

I fell to the ground.

***

I heard a voice, a distant calling, saying my name. But it felt so far away and I was so very tired from everything that I wanted to stay here. Wherever here was.

I was warm and comfy here, no troubles.

***
I felt myself come to consciousness, my brain was slowly becoming aware of my surroundings. The rest of me however wasn't so keen to come to. My eyes remained glued shut, they liked it that way.

I wanted to see where I am, how the kids are.

My brain remembers how I blacked out and now I need to see them.

Slowly, I make my eyes open, I make the rest of my body comply with my demands, it is sluggish and slow but eventually I am sitting up. My body feels weak, so very very weak. Flashbacks of my past, buried memories resurrect themselves flashing before my eyes.

I know what this is.

I know why I feel this way.

I know what was in that juice.

Silver.

It must have been a very strong concentration as I only took a sip. Dread coils in my stomach as I realise the implications this could have had on my children. They could be dead.