Author's Note (Introduction)

Hey stalkers! ( You'll understand this later.) Thanks for checking out this book. I don't know why you clicked it, but you're in for a heck of a ride.

Anyways, here is a fair warning for anyone wanting to read this:

Astra may be a bit of a Mary Sue.

Granted, I wrote this almost three years ago and was a complete novice of writing at the time. I also believe that the storyline is very rushed and last minute (which is true because I always scrap together an update on my deadlines). I was young and naive; a bit self-centered. I often saw Astra as myself and wanted her to be a strong, powerful demigod; the person I couldn't be. This led to her being sort of OP and near to invincible, if I should even say that.

This book also lacks in factual information from the PJATO and HOO series mostly due to my terrible memory. One such is Annabeth's dagger; I completely forgot she lost it in Tartarus. Another is Nico's aviator jacket, which was destroyed. Here are only a couple of the many plot holes in this book. I do my best to look up things and search up on the PJATO Wikipedia page, but there is only so much I can do. Please don't comment on "Why does Jason still have his magic coin?" or "Annabeth doesn't have a dagger anymore!" because I already know that.

AND since The Trials of Apollo recently came out, a lot of my details have been messed up because of that.

I would rewrite everything, but I'm a high schooler that can't find time to even make a bowl of cereal in the morning. I understand if you don't want to read it anymore after this; I wouldn't either. Every time I look back at this book I cringe a little inside. But I promise you this: Astra does develop all together. She has her flaws, she isn't perfect, and has creepy obsessions that aren't worth mentioning but throughout the trilogy she grows as a character.

I hope you haven't turned away yet and decide to give this book a try. If you haven't, then thank you.

Enjoy the journey!

XOXO,
Arisa