3

-
ALYSSA

I spent the last 2 hours in the orphanage by saying my goodbyes and hugging all the girls in the building except for Camryn, and her clique as they just glared at me from the door. Goodbye evil bitches and their snotty clique!

I was informed by Ms. Martin that Pete had sent his friend to pick me up from this orphanage to the airport so I could fly to Los Angeles where the Wentz family lived. I was quite nervous because i've never been on an airplane before, but Grace and Karlie assured me that it's going to be okay. Let's just hope they are right.

Miss. Fiona called me to the main entrance of the building, saying that Pete's friend and my chauffeur is already here. I gave my last hugs and said my goodbyes to Karlie and Grace. With heavy hearts and teary eyes, I turned away from them, readying myself for a new life.

I carried my suitcase and slung my backpack over my shoulder while I hold my guitar case on my other hand. I waved at them, letting a few stray tears slip from my eyes. That was probably the last time that I'll be in that room.

I followed Miss Fiona's instruction and walked down the stairwell to where Mrs. Martin is located. I stopped in front of the reception where Mrs. Martin and Miss Fiona were waiting. Mrs. Martin is holding what it looks like the ukulele case from the music room.

"Here, have this. It's a gift from us," Ms Martin handed me the case. Is she actually giving the ukulele to me?

"Wait, it's for me?" I questioned in confusion, retrieving the hard shell case containing the ukulele from the orphanage's music room.

Mrs. Martin smiled. "Yeah, it's a gift of appreciation from us."

I returned her smile not knowing how to react. This is the ukulele that I used all the time when i'm in the music room to practise. This ukulele carries so many memories of me sneaking out of my dorm in the middle of the night to practise in secret.

"Thank you so much Ms. Martin," I thanked her as she pulled me into a hug.

"Be good."

I nodded and Ms. Fiona signalled her that Pete's friend is already waiting. Ms. Martin nodded at her before waving goodbye. Ms. Fiona opened the main door and my black suitcase rolled against the concrete as she lead me to the black Range Rover belonged to Pete's friend.

"Hello, I assumed you're Alyssa?" He said as I enter the back seat after I put my stuff in the trunk. For some odd reason I don't feel privileged to be in the front seat. 

"Yeah, nice to meet you," I replied as I put my seatbelt on.

"Are you ready?" He asks, grinning slightly.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

--

The car ride was silent but was accompanied by the songs that was playing from the radio. I was told that his job is only to dropped me off at the airport and help me check-in. I never flew out alone before and to think, that I will be alone through the intimidating TSA and at the boarding gate was quite nerve wrecking.

"You're going to be okay, you didn't do anything wrong," He stated while patting my shoulder. I smiled followed him to the check-in counter. He talked to the lady about the information before he helped me put my heavy suitcase and guitar case on the conveyor belt leaving me with only my backpack and ukulele case. I prayed that my guitar will be okay through out the flight.