15

A L Y S S A

As Andy said, we have a day off today. Sadly, not as fun as he mentioned. Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco and Twenty Øne Piløts are doing interviews leaving myself and Charlie to explore this beautiful city of Cincinnati, Ohio.

After walking around the city for a few hours, we decided to take a break and stopped at this cutesy little coffee shop. We entered the coffee shop and the aroma of coffee entered my nose. Lovely.

We sat at a round table near the big window waiting for the barista to come and get our orders. The barista finally came up to our table. I ordered a Vanilla Latte and Charlie ordered a cup of Cappuccino. After a few small talks, the barista approaches us with our drinks. We thanked the barista and I started sipping the warm drinks while engaging in a small talk with Charlie. 

The bell chimes every time a customer walked in. The perky baristas welcomed them with a warm smile plastered on their faces. We're about to be done with our drinks before we heard a squeal coming from a little girl. I made an eye contact with a girl across the table from us. She looked about 10 years old with curly blonde locks similar to Charlie's natural hair colour. She skipped happily towards us with a wide grin on her face.

"Oh my gosh! You guys are Charlie Stump and Alyssa Wentz. Can I have a picture with you guys?" She exclaimed cheerfully. "Of course," I smiled and nodded at her. Her mother pulled out her phone and took picture of us together.

"Thank you so much! I just want to say that you guys are an awesome performers. I love you guys and you guys are my idol," She gushed and we pulled her into a hug.

"Aweee you are the sweetest. We love you too," Charlie replied while smiling widely at the little girl. She waved at us before walking back to her table with her mum.

People like her made us truly happy.

We walked out from the coffee shop leaving a tip and the bill on the table. We continue to stroll around the city. Far enough for us to not get lost.

"This might be big, but I kinda want to dye my hair," I told Charlie. "No way, I was just thinking the same thing," Charlie exclaimed while grabbing a strand of her hair and twirling it around her pointer finger.

"I think there's a salon a across the street," I stated while pulling out my phone from my pocket. "Let's tell our dad," She said while also, pulling out her phone.

Aly : Dad! Where are you?

Seconds later, my phone dinged signalling that he replied to my text.

Pizza dad : We're still at the radio show. 3 more hours and we'll be back. Where are you guys?

Aly : Oh okay. We just left the little coffee shop downtown. I want your permission for something.

Pizza dad : If it's about a boy then no.

And the protectiveness kick in.

Aly : Hell no. I'm not into that life. I just want to dye my hair. There's a salon nearby. Can I?

Pizza dad : Yeah that's cool as long as you're not dying then okay.

Aly : Yay! thank you. We'll be back later.

Pizza dad : Okay, stay safe child.

Aly : Will do. bye dad!

Pizza dad : Bye Alyssa!

I locked my phone slips it back into my pocket. I glances at Charlie who's eyes are glued to the phone while tapping on the screen. I waited for her.