Chapter 10 - Swoon-Worthy British Accents and Familiar Chocolate Brown Eyes

I know, I know, I'm a horrible person. In fact, I'm such a horrible person that I didn't even say Salaam. So Salaam. I'm sorry for the SUPERRR late upload but if I said it's because of life, would that be a valid reason? ENJOY! (You better) **Niall's condition is revealed in this chapter**

"European soccer players with amazing accents may be my type, but Niall is definitely an exception, no matter how swoon-worthy his British accent may be." -- Maysa Malik

Chapter 10

Swoon-Worthy British Accents and Familiar Chocolate Brown Eyes

☼ Maysa Malik ☼

            When lunch time comes around, I heave a sigh of relief. This morning – my conversation with Zakariya – seems so distant when I take into account of everything that has happened between then and now. My conversation with Niall replays itself in my head for what seems to be the millionth time. The events that took place during Study Hall distracted me all throughout AP Chemistry II and that’s a class I really need to focus in.

            After a grueling internal battle with myself to keep my focus while the teacher went on and on about what we were going to cover during Chemistry this year, my brain is exhausted. Lunch is met with welcomed relief and I make my way towards the bathroom before I go to the cafeteria.

            I’m satisfied with my reflection and as I exit the bathroom, I take out my phone to text Noha.

Where r u?

            I continue walking while I wait for Noha to reply. My phone vibrates and I check to see who it is. I’m expecting it to be Noha, but it’s actually Zakariya. I frown, my finger hovering over the button, not knowing whether I really want to open this message right now. I feel jaded and I really don’t need something from Zak to put me in a bad mood.

            I shake my head and just open the message.

I have to stay after school for something. Get a ride from someone, ok?

            I grit my teeth and text him back, asking him why he is staying. I know that the response I will get is going to be an annoyed one but honestly, I don’t even care.

I have to do something. Don’t bother asking again. Just get a ride from someone and go home.

            I’m honestly not giving up that quickly.

Can’t I just wait for you? How long will you take?

            I reach the cafeteria and take a seat outside, texting my brother because Noha still hasn’t replied to my message.

I’m chilling with friends after school and we gotta do something. Don’t bother waiting for me.

            The chances of someone I know staying after school on the first day of school are pretty slim. I’m kind of stuck at this point. I could ask my mom for a ride home, but I don’t want to get Zakariya in trouble. I know that what he’s doing isn’t really fair but whatever he’s doing, I’d rather deal with him upfront instead of getting our parents involved.

            I’m fully immersed in my thoughts as I absentmindedly text Zak back, saying that I’ll find a ride. Someone taps me on my shoulder and I jump when I realize I’m not alone. “Man, why are you sitting here alone? You look like a freak.” Noha and Farah tease.