Love And War

We arrive at the hanger to our base. We all seem to be shaken by the mass attack that just happened to San Francisco. People have started to call it a second battle. I hope it doesn't come to that. I hold hands with Grant as we walk to our meeting room. I can't stop thinking of the possibility that he is working for Josh. What reason would George have to lie like that? I see Peter with a burnt arm. Nadia runs over and helps him with his wound. They make a good couple. It's odd. Everyone has some one to love, except for Andrew. His died years ago.

We all enter the large room and sit down as we choose. We sit there in silence. We don't know what to do. Matt stands in the corner of the room, not having a chair for him yet. I let go of Grant's hand.

"Do you always just sit here in silence?" Matt asks. Andrew gives him a look.

"Josh has to be stopped." Grant says.

"Well no shit." Paul says. "I think the issue is some people going off and engaging him without back up." He states. I know he is targeting towards me.

"I had back up. George, Grant, Peter, and Charles were all there. He is too powerfull for any of us." I say back to him.

"You aren't wrong there." Andrew says, joining the conversation. "But there has to be a way to be a way to stop him before he explodes on us."

"What about Marks freezing?" I suggest.

"It's easier to melt ice than freeze a fire." He says to me.

"So you want to take the easier way?" Grant says.

"He means its not possible. It would be too much to handle. We don't want anyone to have a fade again." Clark says.

"What's a fade?" Matt asks.

"It's when our powers become to our of controll, your eyes will shift to certain color and you gain more strength." Andrew says.

"That's doesn't sound like a bad thing." Matt responds.

"You start to try and kill your own friends as a result." Grant adds in, giving sorrowful looks to Cameron. I look at him. I saw him so that back at the arena. He was strong. Very strong.

"We don't use it to our advantage, but Josh uses it when ever he explodes." Andrew explains.

"Then why don't we use it?" Matt says. "Even the playing field."

"It's way too dangerous to try and use it to our own advantage. Even Josh can't controll it." Cameron adds.

"But he plans on mass destruction. We want that to stop." I say. "If we want to stop this we need to find another way than fighting fire with fire. Non figuratively." I say, adding the last part.

"And let's not forget about my family still being held by him." Matt says.

"We will get to that, we need to find Josh first." Paul says.

"I think we need to get the innocent family out of harms way before we get too into this." Grant says. Everyone seems to nod in agreement to the idea. Andrew noticed it.

"Fine. We find the family, then deal with Josh's dangerous explosion streak." He says. "Lets get to work." He says.

I stand and walk out of the room with Grant. Clark and Mark walk out the same way as us. Clark walks up to me and hugs me. I havn't seen him since the last explosion that was right next to my new apartment.

"Can I talk to you in private?" He asks me. I look at Grant and then back to him.

"Of course." I say. He pulls me into the hallway for the cell block.

"What is going on with Grant?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask back.

"He is overly energetic. He taps his feet and his fingers. It's like he is on six cups of coffee at once all the time." He say.

"Ok, what's your point?" I ask.

"What if it's a side effect of the solar energy he has been shooting out. I felt it first hand and that is nothing to shy away from." He says.

"I would be more concerned about how he got out of the tent with the large hole." I say.

"You know we need to be keeping an eye on him in case he, you know." He says.

"I have faith he will get it under control." I say. I start to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"I do too, but you know we need to be cautious." He says.

"Will do. Thank you for the concern."I say giving him a smile. He smiles back. I walk out with him to the hanger. Grant stands waiting outside the door. I walk up to him. He grabs my hand and I hold it back.

"What was that about?" He asks.

"Just seeing how I was after the attack." I say. He nods his head.

"That was a long talk about how you are." He says, almost questioning my answer.

"Are you calling me a lier?" I ask with a playfull smile, even though I am lying.

"No, I'm just saying." He says.

"We have a hit!" I hear Mark yell from our research station to the side of the hanger. We run over. I check my gun, preparing for an impending fight.

"What did you find?" I ask as we get to the station.

"We found facial recognition on Matt's wife and child. They are being moved to a house in San Mateo." He informs us. He gets ready to go with us but Andrew waves them back.

"We need you here to give us information on what's happening from the air. Access our satilite and watch over us." He says. Peter changes and Grant jumps on his scaly back.

I run and grab Grant's waist as the large creature takes off into the air. The others take off, either by using Dan or Paul. Charles oppted out of this mission. I hold my paton, ready for our fight. Ready to save this family.