Preview: Rarities

Chapter 1

I sit in an empty meeting room, waiting for a hearing about what will become of the Elite. They still saw me as the leader, even after what happened in San Francisco. My home is gone, but so is Josh. I look out the window and see the city of Sacramento infront of me. I requested to meet here, not wanting to leave the west coast. This is where I fight.

The door opens and two lawyers walk in. A man and a woman, both wearing suits. They sit in front of me. The woman puts a brief case on the table and opens it. She pulls out papers and sets them down next infront of her.

"I believe you know why you are here." She says.

"Because we are blamed for something we didn't do." I say. She has a look of disdain.

"You know that's not the reason." She says back.

"Then what is it?" I say leaning on the table.

"You only saved five percent of the population of that city. That's fourty thousand, to eight hundred five thousand." She says.

"What were we going do? Let them all die?" I ask.

"That's not what I'm saying." She starts to say defensively.

"It sure as hell sounds like it. We got as many people out as we could. We didn't know he was a nuclear threat until he told us." I say.

"He?" The man asks.

"The bomb was a Meta ability. We never knew it could go to that extent." I say.

"That's not true." She says. "We have seen the video of, Cameron?" She asks looking at the papers. A screen next to me lights up with the video right before the bomb went off. George stabs her.

"Turn it off." I say. She waits till George shoots his own head. "Turn it off!" I yell, slaming the table. She stops it. I breath heavily out of rage. She looks to me.

"You knew powers could get out of hand." She says.

"I wasn't there was I?" I say

"But this couldn't have been the first time if you resorted to killing her." She says.

"Josh chose to set of his full power and kill himself in the prosses." I say.

"That makes you all the more dangerous." She says and starts to stand. I stand as well. "Your team is being disbanded. Good bye Mr.Pike."

"How can you blame us for this!?" I yell as they leave. "This is wrong!" I scream. The door slams after they leave.

Follow them as they embark on their last battle in this epic conclusion to the Razor Series.