The Rise

The bullet flies from the barrel of the gun. It hits Andrew shoulder. He wakes up screamin in pain. I keep the gun aimed at him. He covers the wound with metal. He extends a blade. He goes flying across the room. I turn to see Grants hand extended in his direction. I put the gun down. Paul raised his. I pull mine up towards him.

"Drop it!" Paul yells at me. I hold my ground. A gun presses the back of his head.

"I suggest you do the same." George says. He puts his gun down. I put down mine.

A knife flies thorugh the air. I hit it away wth he staff. Andrew is on his feet and had his blade extended. I walk forward. He walked towards me as well. He throws a knife and a dodge it. I pull up the gun and fire a shot. A barrier rises and stops the bullet. I look and see Cameron stand next to me. I point the gun towards her.

"Drop it!" I yell. George grabs me and slams me into the energy wall.I drop my gun. I lets me fall to the ground. I hold my staff. Cameron keeps the wall up.

"What is going on!?" She demands. I breath heavy breaths and so does Andrew.

"The tracker asking a signal to Josh was with at durring the right." Andrew says.

"I didn't know that was planted on me." I say almost immediatly. Cameron drops the wall.

"Andrew, drop it!" She yells. He obsorbs the blade. She walks over to him. "What did they do that warents this shit!?" She yells at him and he doesn't answer. "Exactly! There is nothing! All that have done is help us! They might even be better than you!" She yells. "You need to get over yourself and be team player." She says in a quieter tone. "I would rather ace Ricky as he leader!" She yells again. I look at her bewildered. I just got here a week ago. How would I lead them? "All in favor?!" She yells. Everyone around me raises their hand. My head starts to spin and I feel dizzy.

"No!" I yell. Cameron looks to me. I breath heavy breaths. "I can't. I'm not a leader. I'm a fighter." I look to Grant. "I vote Grant be leader. All in favor?" Everyone raises their hand except Andrew and Paul.

"It's settled." Cameron says. "The power has shifted. Grant is now the leader of the Elite."

I sit on the bed of one of the cells. I look at my feet. I could have killed him. Why didn't I? He is something far from what we thought he was. How could i let him live? Grant walks into the room. He sure the door. I stand and walk to him. He has a bandage over his right shoulder.

"Is it ok?" I ask. He smiles.

"It's fine." He says. I hug him.

"You could have died." I say.

"I'll never leave you." He whispers to me.

I pull back and kiss him. I wrap my arms around his neck. He holds my waist. I close my eyes and I can feel him lift me up. I let him and wrap my legs around his waist. He carries me to the bed and gently lays me down. He runs my back and kisses my deeply. I open my eyes and look him in the eyes. I smile. He kisses me and pulls me close to him. He kisses my collar bone. I moan out. I pull his head up. I kiss him again.

"Do it." I whisper to him and he pressed his lips like on to mine.

I wake next to Grant. My cloths on the floor. I stand, holding the towel around my body until I grab my cloths and put them on. I get my jacket on and I kneel down above Grant. I kiss his forhead.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." He says. I jump at the voice. I thought he was still asleep. "And where do you think you are going? "

"We have to go find Josh. You should get up to, leader of the Elite." I say.

"I didn't ask for that possition." He says.

"Doesn't matter. Get up. Get dressed. I'll see you in the hanger." I say. He grinds at me and I walk out the door into the hall way. I walk to the hanger. I get to the end and open the door. Mark, Charles, Clark, Matt, and my mother are at the computer. I walk to them.

"Have you found anything?" I ask.

"No but there was a heat spike about five minutes ago in Union square." Clark tells me.

"I'll go check it out." I say. I look towards the planes. "Dan! I could use your wings!" I yell. He form into the dragon and waits at the exit. Someone grabs my arm. I turn and it's my mother.

"I want to go with you." She says. I grab he hand with mine.

"Why? What did you see?" I ask.

"I didn't see anything. I want to bond with you. I missed a lot. Don't let me miss these thing as well." She says. I look to Dan then back to get. I smile.

"Ok. We have to hurry." I say. We run to Dan and hop on his back. I help my moher up on to the dragons large scaley back. I tap Dan's side and yell, "Union square!" He takes off into the air, out towards the destination. I look to find the location. It doesn't take much effort. Smoke rises from the streets of Union square.