To Have Loved And Lost

I scream. Blood again splattered across my face. My ears ring. I fall to my knees. Grant pulls me to my feet and away from their bodies. I continue to scream. Tears stream down my face. We lost both of them. They had a child. Who will care for him? I push away from Grant. I wipe my eyes. Dan, Peter, Grant and Paul stand with me. I look up and see Josh emerge from the crashed window Cameron had thrown him threw. I turn to them.

"Paul. Dan. Get civilians out of the city. We have to start evacuating." I press my ear piece. "Mark. Inform the city of a the possible nuclear attack. Then get out of here as fast as you can with Clark and Hank." I look to Peter. "Get Andrew. We will hold Josh." I say. He looks weary but doesn't defy against what I say. He takes off towards the base.

I turn and look towards Josh. He lights his arms with his flames. He laughs. Grant hands me my paton. I spin it and extend the staff. Grant holds his deformed bat.

"Good idea. Evacuate the city. But what's stopping me from blowing now?" He asks.

"Him." I say. I look to Grant. "You want him dead. That's the only reason you havn't by now." I laughs.

"You are the smart one aren't you?" He say. "Then why not kill him in the blast?"

"It want to watch him die. This will kill you." I say. I looks to Grant.

"You hooked a smart one here." He says. He shoots his fire. "Lets see how strong she is." He says. I walk forward.

I swing the staff. He blocks. Grant jumps over him and swings the mis-shapen bat behind him. He blocks and shoots fire at us. He pushes Grant back with flames. I can see the hatred in Grants eyes. Energy starts to leak from his hands. He throws the bat and charges Josh. He picks him up and slams him to the ground. Grant punches him. Josh grabs his wrist, burning it. He screams and Josh kicks him off. He walk to me.

I swing. He slaps my staff away. I swing again. He grabs it and pulls it away from me, snapping it in half. Hits me with one of the halves, knocking me to the ground. He grabs my hair and holds me up. He sets his other hand a blaze.

"Like mother like daughter." He says. I fear for my life. A gun goes off and a bullet flies through his shoulder. He lets go of me. I crawl away from him. I hold out my gun. Andrew has the same idea. He gets off Peter's back.

"Go get more civilians!" I yell to him. Josh claps his hands and laughs.

"Finally! The whole group!" He yells, almost excited. We stand around him. Andrew with his blade. Me and Grant with guns.

"You're insane." Andrew says.

"Don't tell me what I am!" He yells, loosing any happiness he had. "You go against your own kind to protect a weaker race!" He yells. "You all do!" No one else speaks. "What? Are you waiting for me to do this?" He says, igniting flames to cover his entire body. We all hold up our weapons to fight. He laughs and staggers like a drunk. "You are all so predictable!" He screams, going from fun to angry as he speaks the sentence.

I fire my gun. He shoots fire at me. I duck and we all start our approach on him. I fire my round and throw the gun. I shoot the electricity. He blocks that with ease. Andrew reaches him and swings his blade. I make it to him and block his punch. He holds Andrews blade as it digs into his palm. We get shoved back. I keep my electricity. I see Grant. He stayed back. His hands glowing yellowish orange.

"Move!" He yells. Andrew pushes me out of the way. Grant shoots solar energy at Josh. He dodges and runs. Grants walk towards him.

"Please don't use that." I say to him.

"I have to to stop him." He says.

"It could kill you!" I yell.

"We need to stop him!" He yells back. He won't stop walking.

"I'm pregnant!" I yell. He stops in his tracks. He turns to me. The energy starts to go out of control.

"Run." He says with fearful eyes. "Run!" He screams. His eyes shift. This time not blue. They turned black. Andrew creats a barrier to block the energy. I hide with him and feel the impact hit the metalic wall. Then it goes back and stops. I look out from the barrier. He's gone. I walk out. Grant is not where he was two seconds ago. The scorch marks on the ground in front of me and my friends lay dead on the ground to my left. Josh appears. I scream and charge him. I swing my fist, but he blocks and hits my stomach. He kicks Andrew as he comes up to help me. Josh holds me up by my collar. I spit blood to the ground.

"This will be your end as well as his." He say. A bullet flies through his arm. He drops me. I grab it and twist his arm. He restist starting to light his arm. He burns my palm. I scream and pull it back. Paul appears. Josh's fire grows. "Good luck running." He says. Paul grabs me. I scream.

We appear on a roof top, at a safe distance from the balst, with all the others. Even Clark and Mark. I see a flash and a mushroom cloud appear over San Francisco. San Francisco is gone.

-To Be Continued-