Seeing Blind

We hover above the flames on he streets. How did they not see the signature stay? I see no one on the streets. I don't like the feel of this. I look back to my mom. She had a worried face. I pull up on Dan and make us flip, heading for the ground. He lands and we get off. As I drop, having let my mom get off first, Dan shifts back into a human. My mom looks at him.

"Why do you pick a dragon?" She asks him. "It's not a real animal."

"A dragon is our true form. Who do you think created the myth?" He says.

We walk in the middle of the street. Fires blaze all around us. I hold my paton. It's so quiet. I don't like it. I see man run out from an ally way. He runs towards a building across the street. I chase him. I run towards the door. I stop it from closing and locking us out. Dan runs over and rips the door off.

I walk into the ratty hallway. He runs up the stairs and I follow. He runs up and up. The building is mabey three stories. We reach the roof. He gets to the edge and stops. I pull out my gun and aim it at him.

"Stop running!" I yell. He has a black hood over his face. "Or I'll shoot!" He turns. Dan burst through the door, holding a gun as well.

"Put your hands up!" Dan tells. I can't see his face. He puts his hands up. A breeze pushes warm air across my face. He reached and pulls down his hood.

"It should have taken the shot." Josh says. A drone flies over and he grabs it. He takes off into the air. I shoot a round at him. A bullet happens to hit the drone and he drops to the ground. Dan grabs me and my mom and takes off into the air. He flies and then immediatly drops us next to Josh. I hold out the gun. He pulls out his and shoots Dan. I shoot his hand. I aim for his head.

"You won't take the shot." He says with a devilish grin on his face. "You couldn't before."

"Things change." I say.

"Oh what? Your boyfriend finaly getting the balls to go all the way? The weird girl going out of control? Or is it your leader getting taken off of his mantel?" He says. I grip the handle of the gun tighter, ready to pull the trigger.

I pull the trigger. All I hear is a click. The gun's empty. He kicks my feet out from under me. I fall to the ground. I hit the ground and bang my head. I reach I and grab it. I feel something warm and thick in my hair. I look at my hand and it's red with blood. My vision I blurry. I look up and I can see the figure of my mother being dragged by her hair. I try to stand by I fall back to the ground. Josh lights his other hand.

"You see the future right?" He asks her and she grabs his hand trying to break his grip. "Good luck with that now." He almost laughs. He places his burning hand over her eyes. She screams out in pain. Dan tackled Josh to the ground. My mom falls to the ground, wailing in pain. I rise and run as best I can to her.

"Elite! We need Paul now!" I scream into my ear piece. I grab my mom's hands as she covers her face. "Mom let me see. Mom!" I scream. Her hands move away from her face. I gasp and my eyes start to water. Her skin is burned and had covered her eyes entirely. She is blind.

I pick her up. Dan fights with Josh. Josh has that crazy look in his eyes. Paul appears and grabs me and my mother taking us to the base. He drops us off at the infirmary and immediately goes back for Dan. I set her on the bed.

"Hank!" I scream. My mother still in pain. Hank rushes in and a helper of his we hired. She starts to push me towards the waiting area.

"You need to give us space, please." She says. I push her back.

"No!" I yell. Trying to get to my mother.

"Mam..." she says. I shoved her away and spark my hands.

"Touch me again!" I scream. Someone grabs my shoulder.

I grab my gun and hold it to their head. It's Grant. I drop it. He grabs me and pulls me out of the room. He tried to hug me but I push him away. He keeps trying.

"It's ok." He says. I pound his chest and shove him as far as I can.

"No it's not!" I scream. The room now silent. "I could have prevented that! I could have stopped him! I had a shot! But guess what? I couldn't take it!"

"Because you aren't a killer!" He yells back. "You aren't the one that can shoot some person you hardly know! You actually care! You better at this than I ever could be!" He yells. His eyes start to water.

I walk forward. I grab his body. I start to cry. He embraces me in return. I can feel his chest rise as he cries as well. I look up at him. He wipes the tears off my face.

"In sorry." I say to him. He has a slight smile.

"Don't be." He says. I see Matt walking towards the infirmary. The nurse pushes him out as well. Grant sees Dan and looks to me. I tell him to go and he runs over to him. I walk Matt.

"Matt, I'm so sorry." I say.

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault." He says. He gaze doesn't leave the closed curtain they use as a door. "Who is this guy?"

"His name is Josh." I tell him.

"You better hope ou get him to surrender." He says. I look at him. He breaks his gaze and like at me. "If I get to him before you, I will kill him. And I will smile doing it." He says. I feel scared talking to him. All I can think is, how will we kill him?