What Has Become Of Us

I hold my mother up so she does completely fall to the ground. Her eyes are shut and her breathing has slowed down. I look to Grant. He grabs her and picks her up. He takes her to the infermiry. Matt comes running up and walks with her. The enter the room. I stay behind. 'The two will not survive the night.' Who are the two? What will the have to survive? I hear a scream. I sprint to the infirmary. I rush in and my mother is thrashing around screaming at the top of her lungs. I grab her arm. She grabs mine and pulls me forward.

"He is the enemy they have always looked for." She whispers to me. Andrew stabs a needle into her arm. She goes limp and he hear rate monitor slows down. She lets go of me. I dart my eyes around trying to decifer her code. I stand back away from her and look at her sleeping body. I turn to Grant. I walk out out of the room. I go to Clark. He hugs me.

"Is she ok?" He asks. I smile to him to reassure him.

"She's ok. Just overload on her powers." I tell him. I nods. I can see the sorry in his eyes. I pull him in for another hug. He squeezes me tightly. "Everything will be ok." I whisper in his ear. But I'm lying. I don't know that. Two of us won't survive the night. I let go of him and his eyes are full of tears. Mark walks over and holds his shoulder. They walk away.

I turn and Grant stands behind me. He grabs me and pulls me close. I breath a heavy sigh. My eyes start to water. I havn't been able to let go being everyone else's rock.

"So much is happening." I say, sobbing into his shoulder. He pushes me backa nd looks in my eyes. He cups my cheek and wipes a tear from my cheek.

"And we will make it through together." He says.

"How?" I ask.

"Together." He says. Another war escapes my eyes. I kiss him deeply and wrap my arms around his neck. I close my eyes and he holds me up. I pull away for a breath but our noses stay connected. We breath the same air. I open my eyes and look into his eyes. He smiles and I return his gesture.

I hear foot steps and glance to my right. Andrew is walking towards us. I pull away from Grant. I let go of his neck and grab his hand. I look at Andrew.

"She woke up." He tells me.

I walk forward so fast I have to let go of Grant. I tart to run and pass Andrew. I enter the infirmary and see my mother sitting up. Matt leaves as I enter. I walk up to her and sit next to her. She grabs my hand.

"Are you ok?" I ask her. She rubs my hand.

"Don't worry about me. I need to tell you something before Andrew gets back." She says. I open my mouth to ask why but she shakes her head. "You need to protect George and Cameron. I saw..." she starts but then gets cut off. She looks at the door. I turn and see Andrew. I stand. He walks over.

"She had her first shift." He says. "That one is dangerous."

"I havn't had one." I say.

"Then it will build up like hers did. But by the amount of energy you use, it will probably be worse." He says. Grant walks in. He walks and stands next to me.

"Can they get some space Andrew?" He says. Andrew walks to the door.

"We are almost finished on finding the origin of that signal. We will let you know she we find it." He says, then exits the room. I look to my mom.

"What were you sayin mom?" I ask. She smiles and hugs me, pullin me in close.

"He is watching us." She whispers. I come back acting like the guy was genuin. She has a look that could be mistaken for love, but I see the fear she holds back.

"I'll let you get some rest." I say. She nods and I walk out the door. I walk towards the plane wreckage. Matt sits on top of the rubble. "A little help up?!" I yell to him. He walks over and pulls me up on top with him. We sit on the edge, looking out at the city. "I wanted to apologize." I start.

"There is no need." He says. Cutting me off. "You were mad. I get that. I know I will never be your father."

"He wasn't my father." I say. "He was a monster. I've only known you for about a day and you have done more than he ever had."

He grabs my shoulder. And pulls me close to him. I mean my head on his shoulder. I smile. Grant walks up behind us andd sits next to me. I sit up and grab his hand. I look in his eyes.

"At least we have family." I say. Grant smiles. He doesn't know I'm what way though. I smile back.

A gun shot goes off and and it flies through Grant's shoulder. He falls to the ground. I jump off the wreck and go to his aid.

"Are you ok!?" I yell. I feel the gun behind my head. I sain my hand around slapping the gun away from my head, twist it out of he owners grip and point forward. I place it to his forehead. Sweat beads down his forehead. I can see the anger in his eyes.

"You traitor." Andrew says. I shock him, sending him unconcious. I look at his motionless body. I look at the gun. What if I ended him? Would my mother's prediction dissapear. I hold up the gun. I look at him. I look up and everyone is waiting to see my choice. I look back down. I aim the gun down. I pull the trigger.