I can explain ..maybe

Mona POV

I took all the new clothing out of the truck and put them in the guest room . I got Marie out of the car . She was sleeping now bc we just came from the mall from a full-blown shopping spree . I walked into my room and put her on my side of the bed . I went back to get a ton of more bags . After that I spent at least two outs unpacking all of it . When I was done it was 3:12 . I took off my close and took a quick shower . I changed into some shorts and a London Paris tank top . Dakota gets home at about 8 sooooooooo I have enough time to get my explanation together ....... Maybe .

I was chilling in the living room until Marie came out and stood at my doorway . I looked at her and she looked at me . I turned my head and she did the same . I got up and picked her up .

Marie: what your name.

Me: Mona

Marie: Yoba

Me: close enough . You hungry

She shook her head and we walked I to the kitchen . I sat her on the bar stool . Hmmmm what do little kids like to eat . Chicken strips . I heated up the grease and put them in .

Me: you wanna watch tv

Marie: yes . Can me watch spongebob

Me: sure

I turned to spongebob and left the room to check on her chicken. I heard my phone buzzing on the counter .

Me: Hello

...: Yes, Is this Ms . Kennedy

Me: Yes

...: Well this is Officer Slan umm so I wanted to talk to you about Marie . So it turns out that we need the both of you to come into court tomorrow to testify against Steve Dermik .

Me: uhhh yeah I think I can

Officer: good also for you to adopt Marie umm your gonna have to come in to the agency . And like some people will come to visit and see how she's doing there , so I've convinced them to let her stay in your care durning the next three week but then it's up to them if she stays .

Me: okay I got it . So what time should we be there.

Officer: be there by 10:30

Me: okay have a good day

Officer: ok you too

I hung up the phone and took out her food . I put it on the plate and brought it to her .

Marie: thank you Yoba

Me: your welcome .

I layed on the couch and let out a sigh. Finally I sat down . Marie came and layed beside me . It's cold asf and Dakota don't like me touching the thermostat so I pulled a blanket over us . I just rested my eyes a little bit . And eventually fell asleep.

Dakota POV

I walked to my car and put in my bag . I got in and pulled off . I pressed the contact number on my car and called Mona . I didn't get a answer . Maybe she's asleep . She usually be making dinner at this time . She must be really tired . When I got home I went straight to our room . Mona wasn't there . Where the hell is she . I search the whole house and found here on the couch .

I couldn't help but notice the cutest little girl next to her. I wonder who's kid she's watching. I didn't wanna wake them up so I just went to take a shower . After that I chilled in the bed . It's not 10:02 and I'm just up . I can't sleep without my baby in bed . I crept downstairs and shook Mona .