one

The goat woman leads me through a series of puzzles and mazes and we come across a dusty purple house.

"I am home!" Her voice ringing off the walls the moment we walk in.

I look down to untie the busted, black sneakers hugging my feet. Feeling relief wash over me.

"Ah. Toriel... You're back" a deep voice calls. Making...Toriel? Smile in response.

"Yes... And I brought someone with me..." She tells the voice and the sounds of what seems to be footsteps closes in.

"Oh...A human" says a tall goat like monster, just like Toriel... He has golden hair and white fur, he is dressed in the same royal purple as Toriel yet wears the colour with yellow and not white.

"Greetings young child...Welcome to the underground, I am Asgore, king of the underground, ruler of the monsters" his voice booms with pride.

"A pleasure to meet you, your highness..." I bow and he chuckles.

"No need young one, for I and my wife see you as a guest" he explains and I smile.

"Thank you sir, though I am extremely exhausted from my travels and-" I tried to reason yet was cut off.

"Then you shall rest and be treated to pie once you have awoken" he smiles kindly and I return a smile.

"Thank you very much, this is all too much, thank you..." I bow again and Toriel giggles, leading to where my room should be.

"Sleep well my child...There is a choice of clothes in the cupboard" She points to a red wardrobe and I smile.

"Thanks again Miss" I thank again.

"No need my child, just rest" she close the door as I head to my bed. Falling into a deep slumber, up until...

"THERE'S A HUMAN HERE?!?!" A loud screechy voice breaks me from me and my slumber.

"Shh Pap" a deep voice says, though it isn't Asgore's... The curiosity swelling in gets the best of me, making me hop out of bed.

I look in the wardrobe and find a black and white striped shirt as well as cozy boyfriend jeans.

"Nice." I say once I see my reflection in the mirror. "Now, that pie..."

I pick up the pie that rested in the middle of the room. I took a bite and grinned in delight.

"IS THE HUMAN UP YET?!" The screechy voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

The curiosity then re-sparked making me save the rest for later and heading out.

"Hello?" I call out and an excited squeal responds which is quickly followed with footsteps until a tall lanky skeleton stands before me.

"HI THERE HUMAN! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS WELCOME YOU!" He proudly states making me giggle.

"Nice to meet you Papyrus, is Asgore and Toriel still here?" I ask and the skeleton nods. It seems to be in a costume of some sort. The top white, the scarf red and the pants blue. With red gloves and boots, he must be obsessed with heroes or something.

I follow Papyrus to the living room to find the couple there along with another skeleton. He was shorter and wore a blue jackets, black gym shorts and pink slippers.

"Hello!" I smile and everyone says hello back.

"My child, this is Sans" I wave as Toriel turns to Sans "and Sans this is Emily"

I walked over to the couch to shake his hand.
"Nice to meet you" I smile and he smiles back. Though I notice a blue hue on where his cheeks would be but I don't think much of it.

"Madam Toriel, I'm very sorry but I must carry on my journey..." I explain and she nods.

"Of course my child..." She frowns and sighs "Sans and Papyrus will show you through Snowdin... I hope you find what you are looking for"

In sadness I reach out for her hand but something rocks me back gently. A memory of some sort.

Frisk is running around the living room, only to land in Sans' arms. The two are giggling and laughing.

I pull back and take a deep breath, collapsing on the floor.

"My child?" Asks Toriel helping me up "are you alright?"

"I, uh....I'm fine...L-let's get going" I pick up my backpack and follow Sans, Papyrus and Toriel. Leaving Asgore to his worried thoughts.

"Call me my child...Let me know if you are in my need." She tells me and I nod.

I hug her and hold her close as a single tear falls on her purple dress.

"Thank you...Thank you for looking after me...It was nice, that for once I didn't need to uphold my guard" I explain and she gasps, hugging me tighter.

"Be safe my child, the skeletons will protect you..." She consoles and I nod, whipping my eyes free from tears.

"Emily?" Sans asks, his face laced with worry seeing my tears. "are you um...ready to go?"

"Yes." I muster all my strength "I'll see you soon mom..." I smile and so does she with the name "mom"

"Let's go bud" he holds out his hand and I take it, it's bonely and cold but still cozy and warm.

"Thank you Sans..." I smile at the skeleton as we walk through the door watching Papyrus run ahead.

"Anything for you...Em"

The hairs stood straight on my neck...

***********
***********
Ooooooh snap, cliffhanger up in this.

More on the way...

LOESJE10 ❤️