Three

"Alphys... Are you alright?" I ask, trying to help my good friend. She has seemed to be taken aback and was slouched over.

"Th-they have gotten v-v-very sick..." She muttered playing with her hands then fixing her glasses.

A wave of a nauseous feeling washed over me but I shake it away. I have to be strong. I made a promise that I intend to keep.

"Alphys...Calm down. I'll fix them up, where are they?" I ask, the need to to see my little Frisky froo went from a poke to a jab.

"Oh...Oh okay" she nods and leads me to a lift, Sans silently following.

Alphys and Sans seemed to be staring down at their feet. Seeming to be in deep thought. My faced shifted in a frown. I began to worry about Frisk's condition but reminded myself to keep my hopes high.

The doors fly open and I follow the silent duo looking around at what seemed to be new lab...

It was cleaned up and freshly painted. The walls were the same colour as the walls upstairs but more vibrant. The smell of fresh paint scraping your lungs as you breathe in the sickening smell.

I cover my nose looking down at the polished white and green tiles below my feet. Going through the twists and turns of this seemingly huge lab until I ended up bumping into Sans and muttering an apology.

"I'll.. g-give you three s-some sp-space" Alphys stammers and quickly shifts out the room on her dino feet. I nod in response hoping she saw my agreement.

I look over to the corner of the room, there sat Sans on a chair next to the bed of a pale looking Frisk. A tube in her arm and a heart rate monitor and drip by her side.

"This timeline is different Em...Both of you aren't evil... But...You forgot and Frisk is sick.." Sans softly.

I walked over, my steps seem to get heavier with each step I took. Tears beginning to form in my eyes at the sight I had to see. I pointed at Frisk and Sans nodded.

I leaned over the kid and wrapped my arms around them. Sitting on their bed gently.

Their lips chapped and skin pale. Almost all light has left their face and I began to wonder if their favourite song could bring it back.

"You are my sunshine... My only sunshine..." I began to sing softly as a new set of tears sting my eyes. Sans notices this putting a hand on my back and joins in..

"You make me happy...When skies are grey....You never know dear....How much I love you....So please don't-" I burst into tears and Sans rubs my back. I clutch the child I love so much close to me.

"Take...My sunshine away..." I cry into their hair. My tears staining the soft, shoulder length brown hair.

"P...ple..ease...Don...n't...tak..ake.." a soft mummer was heard. Echoing off the freshly painted walls.

I pull back a little to see the child. It's lips quivering, trying to sing the rest.

"M...my s... sun... nshi.... shine... Aw... way" they sing the rest and I smile in mist of my tears.

They have woken up. Some light in their features is back and they try to smile only being able to manage a crooked one.

"Fr-Frisk..." I hold their cold cheek "I'm so so so proud of you..."

A tear rolls down the kid's cheek I swipe it away with my thumb slowly.

"I love you...I told you I'd never break my promise" I remind them and they nod slowly.

"I... I mis... missed... ed y... you... Em... mily" she whispered hoarsly. She looked over to see Sans still on the chair.

"S...San...ns...I..." she tries but grabs her throat. It must be scratchy without properly drinking water and not from a tube in her hand.

"Shh..." he hands me water to help the kid drink. "Em will help you bucko"

I grab the glass and gently bring it to the kid's lips, letting them drink.

"Tha... ank y.... you... Em..." they reply after their refreshment.

"I'll get Alphys.." Sans suggests and I nod. Watching him walk out until I felt a tug on my sweater.

"Yes, my sweetheart?" I grin and her making her giggle.

"Tha...ank y... you... F.. fo.. or... eve... very... thi... ing..." she tells me with that look on her face like she ment it.

"No kid...Thank you..."

*******
*******
That wasn't too depressive was it?

No?

Okay...

LOESJE10❤