Chapter 3

Fishlegs P.O.V

"Two Night Furies in the woods!" I screamed, running through Berk. People stuck their heads out of doors, axes ready. I ran into Gobber, and started talking.
"MeandtheothersfollowedHiccuptothewoodsandwesawhimfeedinganightfuryandthenheturnedintoone!" I squeaked. (A/N 20 pts to whoever can guess that!)
"What?" Gobber asked, putting down his axe. By which I mean resting his axe hand on the floor.
"Me and the others followed Hiccup to the woods and we saw him feed a Night Fury and then he turned into one!" I repeated.
"Grab the nets! No one harms either of the Fury's!" Gobber ordered.

Hiccup's P.O.V

"What's happening?" I asked, as Astrid came over.
"Can you fly?" Toothless asked.
"What?" I was panicking now.
"Can you fly?" He asked again, more urgently.
"No! In case you haven't noticed, I've been a dragon for five minutes!" I snapped. Suddenly, a net flew out of nowhere, landing on Toothless.
"Run!" He shouted, as villagers ran towards us. I tried to drag him with me, when I saw another net arcing through the air, and it landed in me. The last thing I saw was the villagers, crossbows ready, advancing in, before everything went black...

*

"Hey!" Someone whispered. Man, that was a weird dream; I was a Night Fury, and the villagers attacked me, and then Astrid kissed me. I opened my eyes. Toothless was staring at me. Not a dream. Except the Astrid part.
"You didn't have to save me." I was confused for a second, then I remembered what he was talking about.
"Humans do it."
"But you're not human anymore." He reminded me. We sat in silence for a few minutes, before I spoke again.
"Where are we?" I asked, looking around. It was a fairly large cage, with some rubble around the middle. Light seeped in through two doors, either end of us.
"The place you humans call 'Training Arena'." I could hear faint speech outside of the walls.
"And, today you will be facing the Gronckle." A familiar voice said.
"Sorry for biting you." Toothless apologised.
"Why me?" I asked.
"Well, I figured that I would turn the weakest human into the strongest dragon." He grinned.
"Oh, ha ha." I said sarcastically, still grinning.
"Guys! They're coming!" Someone hissed from behind the wall. Toothless immediately shut up, and I did too.
"Now, instead of facing - and killing - a Monstrous Nightmare, the best Viking will instead go against a Night Fury." Gobber said cheerily. I gasped. Mumbles came from the crowd outside.
"A Night Fury!" Astrid said.
"Yes." Gobber replied. "Now, what do you need when facing a Gronckle?" Gobber asked, and I heard a lever click, followed by a series of roars and screams. Toothless silently burned a hole in one of the doors, just big enough to see through. I looked out, to see a large pile of shields being taken by the others.
"She's called Meatlug." Someone said. I looked to the left, to see a blue Nadder looking through a small gap at the top of the wall.  "I'm Stormfly." She said.
"Toothless?" Another voice said, to the right. A large, green, snake-like head protruded out of a similar hole. "You bit one, then." Another voice said. It looked identical to the first.
"That one's Barf. The other's Belch." Toothless explained.
"I'm Hiccup."
"I never thought you would get caught." Stormfly said.
"It's alright. I've got a new plan."
"Hey, I think we might need some time, seeing as I can barely walk, let alone fly, or breathe fire." I interrupted.
"Fine. Next Dark Moon, we escape. Then, we take down the Queen." Toothless said. "For now, though, we need to rest."