Chapter 9

"Hiccup! You are insane!" Astrid screamed, as we landed at the edge of the island.
"So, you brought a live one, then." A black Monstrous Nightmare said to me.
"Oh, yeah." I replied.
"She's going to love that, then." He grunted, and flew off, the dead sheep hanging limply from his talons.
"Ok. Let's see what's happening with all this food." I whispered, flapping up to a higher ledge. I changed back, forgetting Astrid was on me.
"Ow."
"Shush." I hushed Astrid, as the black Nightmare dropped the dead sheep into a large pit.
"They're not even eating it." Astrid whispered. A small, brown Gronckle flew over the pit, and dropped in one small haddock. It looked pleased with itself, and began to fly off, when a huge head came out of the pit, and snapped its jaws around the Gronckle. It sank back down again, as the other dragons took off. Quickly, I changed again, and we zoomed out.

*

"Hiccup! We'll have to tell you're dad!" Astrid said.
"But he'll kill Toothless, and Stormfly and everyone!" I protested, gesturing to the dragons. We were back in the cove, after checking that everyone had left.
"But if we don't, that drain will kill everyone else!" She replied, pacing across the grass. 
"But, he'll kill me if I even step foot in the village!" I retorted. Toothless nudged my hand.
"Not now, bud." He nudged it again, more vigorously.
"What?" I snapped. He nodded his head at the exit.
"Fine. I'll go." I sighed. "But, Astrid will stay here to protect you."
"What?"
"If I'm not back in an hour, then..."
"Fly away?"
"Yeah, sure. Fly away."