Chapter 2: Crazy and Confused

A/N: So here's the second chapter of this story haha. I don't really like it but it's a start. Things are going to get more interesting.

Chapter 2: Crazy and Confused

Skilar's POV

It was lunch time. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it. I was expecting to just sit at a table by myself. Unfortunately, people actually wanted to talk to me. I don't enjoy talking to people I don't know.

"So Skilar, where are you from?" A girl named Elli asked me. I told her and soon enough, all of the other girls were talking to me. Some of the guys who were sitting at the table were too and it was making me uncomfortable. Especially since Kane was there and kept watching me attentively. Every now and then, I'd look over at Lauren. I would frown because she didn't look happy. I really just wanted to give her a big hug but we barely even know each other. Towards the end of lunch, some people left to go to the library and only me, Lauren, and a couple of other people were left at the table.

"So, I never really introduced myself to you and I'm sorry. I'm Skilar Johnson," I said, reaching out my hand to shake hers. She shook mine, smiled then said, "I'm Lauren Cimorelli."

"Woah, hold up, you're Lauren Cimorelli?!" I asked wide eyed.

"Haha yes," she replied giggling, ugh, her giggle is so adorable.

"One of my friends is obsessed with you and your sisters. I never really paid attention to her talking about you though haha," I said nervously. I felt fine talking to all of the other people but when it came to Lauren, I got more nervous.

"So... do you have a boyfriend?" She asked, she looked kind of scared asking it.

"Nope, I had one back in Maryland but then we had to break up and I feel 1000 times better without him," I replied. It honestly did not hurt thinking about my ex-boyfriend Ryan, I actually forgot we even dated for six months theory minutes after we broke up. "So..." I stare then gulped and continued, "You have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I have Jason. He's just okay haha, I don't think we're going to last that long," she said laughing. I laughed along with her and got a little happy that she said they probably won't last long, I might have a chance with her.

"Hey girls!" A voice said. It was Kane. Lauren and I both said hi to him back. "Hey Lauren, could I talk to Skilar alone?"

Lauren quietly nodded then got her backpack and left me alone with Kane. I looked at Lauren nervously as she left then looked back at Kane and forced a fake smile at him.

"Skilar, I know we just met but... will you go out with me?" He asked with his dark blue eyes looking straight into mine. I just stayed there frozen for a second.

"But we just met today," I blurted out before I could stop myself.

"Well, we can just go on a date and see how everything goes haha," he added, smiling as he ran did a little hair flip. Sure, Kane is really attractive, smart, nice, and funny, it's just, I didn't get that feeling I got whenever I'm with Lauren. Then again, both Lauren and I are straight. After thinking about whether or not to say yes or no to Kane, I had an answer. "Yes, I will go out with you," I told him, I might as well say yes to him if I don't have a chance with Lauren.

"Okay, I'm taking you out tomorrow," Kane said smiling. I just laughed as we then hugged each other. It was an awkward hug, it just didn't feel right.

"Haha okay, what are we gonna do?" I asked as we, thankfully, pulled apart.

"You'll have to see," he said with a mysterious smile. "I'll meet you by your locker right after school tomorrow." He quickly gave me a kiss on the cheek then left. I blushed a little bit because it was such a sudden action, not because I felt something in my heart like how I was supposed to feel.