Chapter 6: Church and Dance Dates

A/N: So an update within a week of the last one, this has got to be a record haha. Anyways, thank you all for everything!

Chapter 6: Church and Dance Dates

Skilar's POV

Back at Skilar's house

I sat on my bed just thinking. Lauren was in the bathroom. Since I have a soccer game tomorrow morning, my grandparents, Austin, Lauren, and I are going to church tonight. Yeah, Lauren does pretty much everything with my family because her family is always so busy. But then I go over to her house and I'm practically the seventh sister there so we're even.

I sat on my bed waiting for Lauren, thinking about Lauren and how she makes my heart confused. So what should I do? I think I'm bisexual, I'm not quite sure yet. It's just Lauren, she's made me have feelings I've never had before. It's not just how beautiful she is, it's her smile that makes me die inside, her laugh that makes me get butterflies, her voice that makes me get chills at how comforting it is, and her personality that makes me love her more and more every second I'm around her. There's something about her, the way she makes me love her without even trying. No guy has, I have to force myself to like my boyfriend Kane. Kane is okay, I'm attracted to him physically and to his athleticism... but that's about all. He's pretty smart in school but otherwise dumb, he's so absent minded. Plus, his personality is boring and nothing compared to Lauren's. He also is nice but then again everyone I know is nice.

"Hey Ski, can I wear some of your clothes? Somehow I got my clothes wet at the beach." Lauren asked as she came out of the bathroom. I looked up from pretending to be on my phone and said, "Sure, you can wear anything." I then looked back down and went on my phone. I could hear Lauren looking through my closet and drawers for something to wear. Then I heard her go back to the bathroom.

"How do I look?" Lauren asked cheerfully as she came back from the bathroom. I looked up from my phone and I was at a loss for words. She looked stunning, even though she was just wearing some semi-casual clothes of mine. Her perfectly straight dark hair hung over a black and blue striped long sleeved shirt and she wore a pair of my dark blue jeans. I don't know why but she just looked stunning, she always looks stunning but right now she just looked extra stunning.

You look amazing, I wanted to say but instead said with an assuring smile, "You look great." She smiled back then giggled and said, "Haha thanks."

Ugh, her giggle always kills me. I looked out the window away from her so I could take a second to try to keep a straight face as my face was burning red. I then looked back at her and she was on her iTouch. How can she be what's killing me inside when she is also what's keeping me alive?

"So...." I said.

"So...." She mocked me with a goofy smile on her face, she knows I hate it when she does that. I just rolled my eyes and said, "So I texted Kane asking about the Spring Formal and he still hasn't texted me back yet."

"About the Spring Formal, Jason texted me telling me to meet him after church." Lauren said. "I bet he's gonna ask me, he's not really good at trying to be surprising."

"Haha." I said kind of sad. I forced a fake smile. I can't do anything, I have a boyfriend and Lauren has one too.

My grandma, Austin, Lauren, and I filed into a pew. We were early, my grandma is always early for everything. My parents, on the other hand, were never early for church. It hurt to think about my parents but at church, it was better. It felt like when I was talking to God at church, I was talking to a messenger to my parents. I just felt better. As I waited for mass to start, I caught myself staring at Lauren praying. After realizing how creepy I looked, I began to just look around the church. I saw Kane at the other side of the church smiling at me then he waved at me, I forced a smile back and put a hand up to do a little wave back. It just felt weird for me to wave at him, he's my boyfriend but there's really nothing special between us.