Chapter 14: What Have I Done?

Skilar's POV

I hurriedly walked into school as the bell was about to ring. I checked into my homeroom then went to my locker to get some books. As I walked to my locker, someone in front of me had dropped a piece of paper. I picked it up and tapped her shoulder, it was Lauren.

"Oh hey Lolo, you dropped this." I said with a smile as I held the piece of paper, waiting for her to get it.

"Oh um, thanks." She mumbled nervously as she looked down at the ground then snatched the paper quickly out of my hands, avoiding eye contact with me the whole time. She then went right past me and walked to her first class which is AP Euro, I've memorized her schedule so I can calculate when I get to see her.

"Hurry up to class!" A teacher said to me as he quickly walked down the hallway. I nodded then went to my locker and got my books and headed to my honors Pre-Calculas class.

I tried desperately to pay attention to the lesson. I kept listening to the teacher lecture us but it all just went into one ear then out the other. The little scene Lauren and I had kept replaying in my mind. She didn't even look up at me or even say hello, what did I do? I don't think I ever did anything. I looked out the window and watched the rain quietly hit the pavement causing a peaceful sound that seemed to slowly calm my thoughts.

"Skilar... Skilar!" My teacher, Sister Anna yelled at me. I got out of my faze and looked up at her with a questioning look.

"Um... right, h=1/4x." I said looking at the board, assuming she was asking me what the answer was.

"I was asking if you could close that." She said with a little evil laugh as she pointed at the open window beside me.

"Uh, okay." I said, blushing from embarrassment. I got up, straightened my skort, that will forever be straighter than me, and closed the window. When I had gotten back to my seat, I pulled out my phone and started to just play games. It didn't work, I was hoping my mind would let go of what happened between Lauren and I but it didn't. It's just, the way she kept looking down at the ground nervously and kind of ran away from me, that just hurt. Maybe I'm overreacting a little but still, there's something up with her.

I opened the twitter app and, real quickly, looked through my timeline and faved a few tweets here and there. Then I went to my new fan account and I immediately became both very happy but at the same time very sad. I had gained a lot of followers since I had last checked and a ton of people were praising Indescribable, I bit my lip to suppress a wide smile that everyone else in this boring class would be spectacle of. Even though most people were so nice, there were only a couple of hateful comments, I still felt like crap. I didn't feel like crap the way I felt the terrible night of the dance, it was more of a mental issue. Lauren hasn't been talking to me much lately at all, she doesn't even text me anymore unless it's for school and homework. We don't talk about everything like we used to. We have all but two classes together yet we still barely even talk anymore. At lunch, Lauren will sit in between two other people on the opposite side of the table from me. Right when I'm about to sit next to her, someone will quickly sit next to her and take the seat. I guess she doesn't like me, this happened to my old best friend. It was different having a best friend you didn't even feel anything for leave you than someone you love with all of your heart.

"Skilar!" Sister Anna said. I got startled but eventually looked up at her who just stared back at me.

"Do- do you want me to open the window?" I asked her.

"No, I wanted the answer to the equation." She said with an evil laugh. I was once again embarrassed and I could feel my cheeks go red. I looked up at the board and studied it for a brief second then said, "X=9.5 meters."