Chapter 15: You Don't Understand

Skilar's POV

I walked to lunch in silence, not even saying hi to the people who greeted me. All I did was give them a little smile and I continued to walk to the cafeteria. Once I had gotten to the cafeteria, I headed over to the table I usually sat at and just ate in silence. I ate quickly so I could go to the library and avoid Lauren, she's avoiding me so I'll avoid her back.

"Hi." A sweet voice said. I looked up to see Lauren drop her bags on the ground and begin to sit down next to me. I then looked down and took one more bite of my sandwich then began to get up.

"Uh sorry, I gotta go." I said, still avoiding her gaze. I left her like a gust of wind, cold and fast. When I threw away my empty plastic bag that held some grapes, I looked back at Lauren real quick to see her quiet and confused. I then headed to the library and began to try to start some homework due tomorrow but I just couldn't. I couldn't all because of Lauren, she's making me go crazy. I'm just so crazily in love with her and she's so confusing and I don't know if I'm even her friend anymore. I then tried to snap out of my thoughts of Lauren and attempted to do some chemistry homework.

...find the skeleton equation...

Skeleton. That's what I feel like, a skeleton. Whenever I'm not with her, I feel more and more like how I was not too long ago. I feel like the lifeless, depressed person I was after my mom had died. Lauren was my savior, she saved me during that terrible night and without her even knowing, she's saved me from depression. I'm just not ready to tell her about my parents yet and especially if she now hates me. I didn't even do anything and she hates me now.

RING!

The bell had rung, disturbing my thoughts about Lauren. Life is just so hard, I thought as I got my backpack then headed to class. Dear God, why did You make me fall in love with a girl I'll never be able to be with? Well, I guess it deserve it, I always get the bad situations. I don't know what's harder, never being able to love your parents and hug them anymore or never being able to love someone you're willing to open up to and release the terrible thoughts of my parents.

"Hey Skilar." Someone said as I sat down at a desk in honors English class, I turned around to see my friend Maggie. I smiled then said, "Hi Maggie."

"Did you read the book?" She asked. We were having a short quiz on the book we were supposed to be reading in class.

"No, well, did anyone actually read that book?" I asked with a light laugh.

"Oh true, no one did." She replied then our short conversation ended as our teacher walked in.

"Okay class, stand up for prayer." She said and we all stood up. I saw Lauren out of the corner of my eye in the back on the opposite side of my room, she was sitting next to Elli.

After a painfully long hour and a half of English and ignoring Lauren's glares, school was over. Right after the closing prayer and the bell rang, I immediately headed to my locker. Right when I had gotten my books and closed my locker, I felt a hand touch my shoulder then a spark spread all throughout my body. I didn't have to turn around and look up to see who it was. I already knew, only one person can give me a spark like that and she is Lauren. She waited a couple of seconds for me to turn around but I just continued to zip up my back pack and soccer bag then take out my phone.

"Hey Skilar." She whispered into my ear, her voice so raspy and quiet that it gave me chills. She then walked away to go to her locker and I headed outside then started to go to soccer practice.

"Run faster Skilar! You're faster than that!" Coach yelled at me and I just rolled my eyes. I was playing terrible, well my terrible. All of my shots were off and my dribbling was horrid. I couldn't defend well either, I was always behind a step. My passes were all right, thankfully, but not still not the best.