Chapter 2

She was in a void. It was total darkness. She couldn't see anything. There was only light on her spot, on where she stood. But everything was nothing but black. Nakarinig siya ng isang upuan na tila hinihila papalapit sa kanya. Mas naging alerto siya at nakiramdam kung saan nanggaling 'yon. Ngunit nag-e-echo ang tunog ng upuan kaya't hindi niya matukoy kung saan ito manggagaling. Sa harap, magkabilang gilid, o sa likod siya ba nito bubulagain?

"Weak," it growled.

Kumunot-noo siya sa narinig at agad na tumingin sa kanyang paligid. She still couldn't see anything, but she could hear clearly. It was not it, but what she heard was a voice of a man. It was a man.

"Shame." He, whoever the man was, growled again.

She wasn't stupid enough not to know that the man was telling it directly to her. Hindi niya pinansin ang mga salitang binanggit nito. She had no time for insults. She needed to know where he was, where she was, and why she was here in this place.

"Where the hell are you?"

"The answer is in your question," he answered. His voice became clearer for Chanel. It was deep, almost scary, but clear and had a mellifluous voice. It was surprisingly pleasant to her ears.

Kumunot-noo siya. She couldn't understand it first, but then she got it.

Huminto ang paghila nito sa upuan. Pagkatapos no'n ay wala na siyang narinig pa. When she looked down, she saw a pair of black shoes. It was in between the light and dark. Nang i-akyat niya ang kanyang tingin mula sa sapatos patungo sa taong nagmamay-ari nito ay wala pa rin siyang nakita. Sa sobrang dilim ng paligid niya, at kahit may liwanag kung saan siya nakatayo, her human eyes couldn't see the man standing in the dark.

"Who are you?"

"Wrong question," he answered again.

"What are you?" tanong niya muli.

"You already know the answer."

But she didn't know the answer. She didn't know what or who he was.

"What do you want?"

She could almost see the man smiled. It was the right question.

"We'll play, for now. I'll wait until you're ready."

It became more complex than before. She was puzzled by what he said. She couldn't get the point; get what he exactly wanted from her. The man wanted to play. This was all a game for him. But why was she chosen as the main character for this?

"Ready for what? Para saan?" she asked. Pero hindi sinagot ng lalaki ang kanyang tanong.

"You should wake up. You're going to be late for school, angel."