Chapter 9

"I-I don't really know."

Chanel was being honest. She didn't really know what she really wanted. She was afraid to discover the truth about her identity and the reason why she was in the middle of this situation, here in Hellas dealing with various demons. This was one of the things that she hated about her - being afraid and weak. She was afraid of everything.

"You're still afraid, I see," komento sa kanya ng demonyong nasa kanyang harapan. And this man could see everything about her. Lahat bingo, lahat halos ay tama ang sinasabi nito. He was right. She was afraid. And she didn't know how to begin, where to start.

"Why are you so afraid, Chanel?"

Twice he called her name and it felt weird. Once again, they were talking about her weakness. Why was she so afraid? Hindi niya rin maintindihan. She could feel these intense feelings, anxiety, and every negative vibes inside her body and brain telling her it was better just to keep her inside the cage.

And that was what she felt. She felt like a bird trapped in a cage, always afraid and weak. She was scared of the world out there and the things she could discover. She wondered what was wrong about her. She wondered why she was like this.

She couldn't speak nor answer. What could she say to him?

"Gusto mo bang bumalik sa mundo ng mga tao o gusto mo bang malaman ang pagkatao mo?"

Tumingin siya sa lalaki. Kung babalik siya sa mundo ng mga tao, ano pang babalikan niya? Wala siyang normal na pamumuhay simula't sapul. Lahat iyon ay isang huwad na buhay lamang. There wasn't any truth on every single thing about her. It was all faked.

Ano bang magandang maidudulot kung bumalik siya sa mundo ng mga tao? Paano naman kung malaman niya ang tungkol sa kanyang tunay na pagkatao?

"Do you know who I am?" tanong niya rito. Hindi sumagot ang lalaki. Sa halip ay nanatili itong nakatingin sa kanya, inoobserbahan ang bawat kilos at ekspresyon niya sa mukha.

"No, I don't," sagot nito pagkatapos ng isang mahabang katahimikan sa pagitan nilang dalawa.

"But I can help you, if that's what you want," dugtong nito.

"May kapalit ba?"

Ngumiti ito sa kanya at tumango, "There will always be a price, angel."

"Can I... Can I think about it?"

"Yes, of course. You can stay here in my place," alok nito sa kanya.

"T-thank you," bulong ni Chanel.

She was about to change the topic when she remembered something. She still didn't know what his name was.

"How do I address you?" she asked.

"Master, how about that?" he teased. Muli itong ngumiti at lumapit kay Chanel.

"You mean my name, what is my name? Is that what you want to ask?" tanong nito sa dalaga habang suot-suot pa rin nito ang mapaglarong ngiti nito sa kanyang labi.

"Do you have a name?" tanong ni Chanel at doon muling natawa ng mahina ang lalaki.

"Of course, I do."

"Kung ganoon, anong pangalan mo?"

For one last time, he smiled and leaned on toward her. He touched the tip of her hair and whispered to her right ear, "Night."

Lumayo sa kanya ang lalaki at nagtungo sa pinto. Binuksan niya ito at ang bumungad sa kanya ay isang babaeng nakasuot ng maid uniform. Bagay-bagay ang maikli nitong kulay brown na buhok. This woman standing in front of her was cute. Ngumiti ito sa kanya at yumuko.