Chapter 20

Note: You can play the song to add some spice while reading. Enjoy!

It was the day of the festival. The three of them wore the traditional clothes of Rivetia. It was a blue long skirt for her and a white long sleeve for her top. It was the same for the two, the only difference was they were wearing pants. Almost all of the people wore the same outfits. Some were holding flowers and others were holding the trident imitations. There were bands playing on the streets and magicians on their little caravan doing tricks. All of the food stalls were open. Souvenir shops were everywhere. The whole city was alive and lively. All of the creatures here right now were smiling.

Chanel couldn't herself but to smile and be amazed by the people of Rivetia. Their dedication and efforts were shown by how successful and big this festival was. If only she was not in a mission today, she would definitely join the people and celebrate.

To think she would bring shocking news to the people if they successfully stole the trident made her feel guilty. But they needed it. So, what was needed to be done, shall be done.

"Are you ready?" Night asked.

Huminga ng malalim si Chanel at ngumiti sa binata. "Ito na naman tayo. Syempre kinakabahan na naman ako, pero pinaghandaan natin 'to."

Night nodded. They indeed planned very carefully since the mission was a little bit tricky.

"Parang gusto ko na lang dito tumira," bulong ni Chersh. She saw sparkles in Chersh's eyes. He was amazed, just like her.

"Too beautiful, isn't it? But I doubt that this is the only image of Rivetia," wika ni Chanel. The three of them went to a stall and bought some street foods. They again continued walking towards the main plaza, where they would see the events of the festival today.

Night could only smile. The city may look beautiful right now, but this wasn't the only image that this city had. Chanel was right about that.

"Nothing is perfect, Chersh. So anong baho ng lugar na 'to?" Chanel asked Night.

"Rivetians hate one thing," Night answered and looked at the two.

"And what is it?"

"The Imkars."

Chersh gasped as he heard about one of the previous strongest demon races in Hellas before. But right now, they were banished from the main cities and lived far from civilization. No one knew if they ever survived the Dark War since the Rivetians made sure that they would eliminate their race here in Hellas.

"What about them?" tanong ni Chanel.

"That's another story to tell, angel. For now, let's focus on the task and we'll have story time whenever you want later."

Chanel suddenly blushed at Night's word. She remembered what he did to her yesterday. She took a deep breath and nodded. Of course, her head should be in the task and not with some unnecessary stuff.

They went to the main plaza to check the schedule of the events today. The structure of the place was in big circular shape. An arena was already prepared in the middle, chairs were arranged at the sides, and the throne where the prince will sit was also now done. This was where all the big events will happen today. Chanel's eyes stopped at the third event. It was the duel of the knights. Everyone was free to join. Even the prince himself will join. This was the perfect chance to do their next heist.

Huminga siya ng malalim at tumingin kay Night. Both of them nodded at each other and wore their cloaks and hoods. They went separate ways and started their individual tasks. Chersh checked all their escape routes, Chanel stood in the corner counting all the soldiers she would see, and Night prepared for the duel.