Chapter 18

FIRST RING

"SEA OF DEATH"

Serene water but tastes like dead

Thought those were fishes but those are human head

First, it was deep blue, no, it turned into bloody red

'Don't linger there' they said.

You'll get drowned if you get tempted.

The three were staying at an inn located at a small coastal town called Pearl. It was quite far from Paradise City, the capital of City of Death, but it was still within its borders. Right after they succeeded stealing the crown, they immediately went here. As to why they were here, Chanel didn't have any idea. But here they were, celebrating.

"Cheers! Magsaya! Magsaya!" sigaw ni Chersh na nakabalik na sa tunay nitong anyo. Naglakad ito patungo sa gitna at sumayaw kasama ang ibang mga tao at ibang nilalang na naninirahan sa lugar na ito. Napangiti na lamang si Chanel at napa-iling. Tumingin siya kay Night na tahimik na nakatingin sa kanya.

"What?" tanong niya sa binata.

Umiling lamang ito saka nito itinaas ang basong iniinuman nito. "Cheers," wika nito.

"Cheers," sagot ni Chanel. Uminom ng beer si Chanel at nanlaki ang mata niya sa gulat nang matikman ito. Mapait ito, walang halong katamisan, ngunit saktong-sakto lamang ang timpla na siyang nakapagpasarap dito.

"Like it?" tanong ni Night.

Tumango si Chanel. "Yes," sagot nito at muling uminom.

The three drank and celebrated their success. You could see Chanel and Chersh danced as the band inside the pub played their instruments. Hiyawan at halakhakan ang tanging maririnig mo sa loob. The two were really happy and Night silently watched as he drank his beer. After a few drinks, Night decided to go outside. Doon nagpahangin ang binata. It was already midnight and he could see the moon shining above the peaceful sea.

He let the two celebrate, just this once because they were still far from their goal. They only succeeded in stealing one out of eight relics. They were still starting. They were only at the beginning. Still, maganda pa rin ang daloy ng lahat at magandang umpisa 'to para sa kanila.

"Master." Dumating si Raven upang maghatid muli ng mensahe sa binata.

"What's the news?"

"Prince Razerus didn't inform anyone about the missing crown."

Of course, he wouldn't do that. Because if he did, he would just inform the others that he was currently weak for he just lost a part of his power. Silly, Raze. Night thought. And if Razerus didn't inform it to the public, iisa lamang ang gagawin nito.