Chapter 5

"We meet again, Chanel." The man, whom her parents abducted and was about to be their dinner, greeted her. There were too many thoughts running in her mind. Was this all planned? She saw him crying, shouting, and begging for help. But here she was, talking to him as if nothing happened. And what did he say? Nagkita na ba sila noon ng lalaking 'to?

He smiled. "But I know you won't remember, it was a long time ago. Let me introduce myself, I'm Wallace."

Tumingin lamang si Chanel sa lalaki. "Anong kailangan ninyo sa 'kin?"

Did he think she needs his name? No. Walang pakialam si Chanel kung sino man ang lalaki. All she wanted to know is what they would do to her. Would they kill her? Would they sell her? Was this a secret organization, syndicate, or like what she had guessed, an occult? Base na rin sa nakikita niya sa kanyang paligid, no doubt, isang kulto itong kumidnap sa kanya.

"Still the same as ever, Chanel. It's good to know you still got that attitude. That means you're still in the game," wika muli nito.

"Our master ordered us to get you here," dugtong nito.

"Now that I am here, my question is, anong kailangan ninyo sa 'kin?"

Ngumiti ito muli sa kanya. "How does it feel," tanong nito.

Kumunot-noo si Chanel.

"How does it feel to lose someone you loved?" Isang kompletong tanong nito. And he was smiling na mas lalong ikinairita ni Chanel. Wallace was having a good time. At natutuwa ang lahat ng mga tao sa paligid niya habang nakikita siyang nakaluhod at nakagapos ang mga kamay at paa.

Tiningnan ni Chanel si Wallace. If he'd thought na magpapakurupok siya sa harap nito, no, she won't. She would not give any of them a taste of it. And her brain was still functioning, maayos pa 'to. She won't have a mental and emotional breakdown dahil sa mga nangyari. Was this even the right time to do that? If the people around her feed for her weaknesses, would she gave them satisfaction? No, not ever, even if she dies.

So where would she hit him the most?

Let's throw it back, she thought.

"You know the answer, why bother to ask me?" She smirked.

She didn't know why these bastards kidnapped her. She didn't know why they were acting like this way. Na para bang isang malaking kasalanan ang nagawa niya sa mga ito. Na para bang siya ang kontrabida rito at hindi sila.

Nakita niya ang pagbabago ng timpla ng mukha nito. Kung kanina ay sobrang lawak pa ng ngiti nito at kung makatingin ito sa kanya ay para siyang isang hampas lupa na kayang-kaya niyang idispatya ano mang oras, ngayon ay naka simangot ito. Bakas sa mukha nito ang pagtitimpi nito ng galit.

He offended her first. She was just defending herself. At bakit siya magpapa-bully sa lalaking 'to?

"How dare you say it after you-"

"Wallace, enough." Isang babae ang nagsalita. Punong-puno ng otoridad ang boses nito kaya naman ay huminto agad ang binata sa pagsasalita bago pa man nito maipagpatuloy ang sasabihin. But for Chanel, this almost felt like her dooms day. Was it the end of the world? Was this the end of her life?

Why did everyone lie to her?

She wasn't expecting any of this. But this was where she was hurt the most, hearing her friend, Illya's, voice.

"I told you to get her here, but did I say you are allowed to talk to her?" wika nito. Tinanggal nito ang balabal sa kanyang ulo at tumingin kay Wallace na ngayon ay naka-yuko.