Chapter 14

__________________
Safora's POV:
__________________
Song for the Chapter:
Complicated By Avril Lavinge
__________________

After I woke up, I did my morning routine. We started training the Silverbeam Pack today, so I had to be ready. I took a shower, I put a black sports bra, a tank-top, and black shorts with yellow trim. Then, I pulled on a pair of socks and my red & black tennis shoes. I blow-dried my brown hair and pulled it into a ponytail.

Walking down to the kitchen, I grabbed a water-bottle, and bit into an apple. I pulled a towel from the closet, before walking over to the weight room. Once there, I got to work. First, I did different types of stretches, preemptively preventing a cramp or pulled muscle. I decided to begin with push-ups. After completing fifty-one push-ups, I switched positions and began sit-ups. 

Sit-ups are not my strong suit as I can never seem to keep my feet planted. So I stuck my feet underneath a treadmill. I was able to pull off about fifteen reps with this method. Deciding I had had enough, I finished off my warm-up with a three mile run. 

After my run, I stood up straight with my arms open wide as I drank in air, quickly getting my breathing back to normal. I sipped my water as I made my way back up to my room to take a quick shower. Once I was finished with that, looked at the time, and decided it was time for breakfast and to wake up my pack.

I decided I would make my pack food and then call them down. Opening the fridge, pulled out eggs, bacon, cream cheese, bagels, and syrup. Pulling out a large skillet, I placed bacon slices into it side-by-side. I turned the gas burner to medium and let them sizzle. While they cooked, I pulled down a bowl, a whisk, and spices. I cracked nine eggs and whisked them together before sprinkling them with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and generous amounts of ginger. I checked the fridge once more for bread. Unable to find any, I ripped a bagel in half and placed it into the bowl. The dry bread soaked up the egg like a sponge.

Satisfied with the bacon, I pulled it off the stove and placed it onto a paper towel covered plate. Wasting no time, I pulled the bagel half out of the egg, watching it for a moment as the egg dripped down the side and splashed back into the mixture. Placing the egg soaked bagel into the bacon grease and left it to cook. I turned back towards the rest of the mixture and placed the other half of the bagel in. I flipped over the bagel before switching it out with it's other half.

Once I was finished with all eight of the bagels, I noticed there was still some egg mixture left. I cracked five more eggs into the bowl and pulled out half of an onion, two carrots, and some sweet peppers. I grabbed a knife from above me and began dicing them. Once I was satisfied, I slid them into the egg and cooked it in the pan.

Turning off the stove, I set the table for eight, giving each of them one whole bagel and some scrambled eggs. I placed the covered bacon, cream cheese, milk and syrup on the table. The smell must a wafted up the stairs because I could already hear my pack getting out of their beds and jumping in the shower, getting ready for training. 

"It smells great!" Trea said as she entered the kitchen with Rebecca and Sara. 

"I bet it tastes just as good!" Steve said running up and pulling out a chair for his mate to sit down before taking a seat next to her. "Who says chivalry is dead?" he says winking at Sara.

"I do," Koii says sauntering into the room and stuffing a slice of bacon into his mouth.

"Hey!" I said smacking his hand away as he reached for another slice. "Save some for the rest of us! 

"But it tastes good!" he says through a mouthful of bacon.

"I don't talk with your mouth full!" Rebecca says glaring at him. "It is gross!" Koii responds by smacking his lips and chewing loudly. Rebecca gives him a disgusted look and turns away.