Chapter 22

Recap: Then her and her family walked off.

(Josie's POV):

As I walked away with my family, I thought back to what I said. I didn't regret it of course, I made a promise and I would keep it. 

"Josie?" I heard my mom's broken voice sound from above me. I stopped walking and looked up at her expectantly. "Do you remember when you had said that you wanted to be a princess when you grew up?"

I smiled at her. "Yes, and now, I am fulfilling that wish."

My parents looked at me confused. "What do you mean?" My dad asked.

"A princess looks after her subjects, great and small. She will do anything for them and her kingdom, even if it means giving her life."

"That sounds more like a queen to me," came a voice from behind me. I turned and there stood the visiting Alpha. 

I noticed my mother tearing up, "Is it time for her to go already?" She asked, her voice breaking. 

The Alpha shook her head. "No. I just wanted to make sure that this is what you wanted. You know, no one would blame you if you backed out in order to spend more time with your family and friends."

I looked at her straight in the eyes and said, "I'm sure." 

She smiled at me. "I would like to show you something." She looked to my parents for approval and they looked at each other and nodded. She took my hands and teleported me into a clearing I had never seen before. 

"Where are we?" I asked in wonder. The grass was tall, and the flowers seemed to glow, as if each one had its' own halo. 

"You are in my garden," came a calming voice. "I have asked Safora to bring you here."

"Who are you?" I asked the beautiful woman before me. Her hair was as black as night but it seemed to glow like the moon. Her eyes, like the deepest blue of the ocean, riddled with silvery stars. Her clothes were as blinding as the white sky above us.

"No one of consequence," she said with a soft smile. 

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked confused.

"I wanted to meet the one willing to give up her wolf and her mate," she replied. 

"Why?" I asked.

"To ask if you wanted to be sent back after," the woman in white replied as if she were talking about the weather. 

"Back? Back where?" I asked, still very confused.

"Back to your family," She said.

"Yes," I replied. 

She nodded, "It's settled then." She began to fade away.

"Wait!" I called after her retreating form, she turned to look at me. "Will I still have my memories? Will I remember meeting you?"

She looked at me for a moment and then said, "Who knows?" The she disappeared and I found myself back with my parents.

"What happened?" My dad asked me.

I looked around myself only to find Safora missing as well. "I'm not sure." I replied.

Suddenly, there was a blood-curdling scream from the pack house. We all turned and we knew, it was time.