War Prisoner Chapter 23

Title: WAR PRISONER

.

Author: 梨花烟雨(Li Hua Yan Yu) /Lê Hoa Yên Vũ

.

Genre: ancient, imperial, 1×1 & reverse attachment/ opposite attraction

.

Warning: Violent and Rape in early chapters

.

Disclaimer: I own nothing; this is for yaoi fan with no finance gain. Please support the original author in the full website.

.

---
War Prisoner Chapter 23

For the country of Jin Liao, moving the capital was the most important thing that had ever happened since her founding. In comparison with the move of the capital, even the heavy defeats they had previously suffered when they had encroached on the Great Qi's territory now seemed trivial. During this period of time, the whole country was seething with excitement; heated discussions could be heard on every street and every alley. Although the land of Jin Liao had a harsh climate and was barren, it was still considered home by many people and the citizens of Jin Liao were understandably reluctant to leave their native lands. Fortunately, Wanyan Xu had always governed the country well, his people had enough confidence in him that whatever popular dissent there was to his decision did not escalate to rebellious plots and conspiracies.

In the palace of Jin Liao, the square that was usually used for arms drills was now hosting tens of thousands of imperial troops, divided into ten major groups and neatly arrayed on the grounds. Smartly dressed in their full uniform, and standing proudly, they made for an awe-inspiring sight. When Wanyan Xu, in full military uniform, emerged from the palace with unhurried steps, a rousing cheer was immediately heard from the square.

As he walked on, he looked around at this palace, which had taken the efforts of several generations of his ancestors to build. Reigning in his nostalgia, at this moment, he felt great ambition. Turning away from the sight of this palace, he showed no hesitation as he mounted his horse and the eunuchs accompanying him immediately called out in loud voices: "Start the procession." The sound was drawn out, reverberating long and loud in the confines of the palace square.

As they travelled south, the climate grew conspicuously warmer, wildflowers with unknown names grew in abundance all along their road, enlivening the landscape as far as the eye could see. Wanyan Xu was no longer riding his horse; instead he had chosen to ride with Su Yi in his carriage, forcing Su Yi to converse with him on all sorts of random topics. This was an effort at distraction --- Wanyan Xu was afraid that since they had reached Su Yi's homeland, the familiar scenery would cause Su Yi even more anguish.

Of course, Su Yi knew nothing of Wanyan Xu's worries and had no appreciation for his kind consideration, only feeling extremely restless and gloomy. Su Yi tried to drive him away a few times, but Wanyan Xu steadfastly refused to leave. In the end, Su Yi simply declined to continue the conversation, shutting his eyes as if resting. Gradually, Wanyan Xu also grew silent.

Just as the sun was setting, by chance, they came upon a temporary imperial residence. This place had originally been used by the Qi Emperor as a leisure palace when he wanted to amuse himself away from the capital; therefore it had been constructed to be luxurious and gorgeous, sprawling over a large area of land. It was as good a place as any to be stationed for the night. Wanyan Xu reluctantly joined the Empress Dowager [1] and Imperial Concubines for the evening meal, before he hastily rushed over to Su Yi's quarters. Upon entering, his eyes were immediately drawn to the untouched meal laid out on the table, and his heart gave a "thump!" Feeling in his gut that something was wrong, he looked around for Su Yi, and found him sitting still before the window, staring blankly outside while cradling a cup of wine in his hands.