War Prisoner Chapter 72

Author: 梨花烟雨(Li Hua Yan Yu) /Lê Hoa Yên Vũ

.

Disclaimer: I own nothing; this is for yaoi fan with no finance gain. Please support the original author in the full website.

.

---
War Prisoner Chapter 72

"Su... Su Su..." Wanyan Xu was so horror-struck by this situation that had arisen so abruptly that he had almost lost his wits. He persisted in this state until Su Yi, who had finally used up the last of his strength and could no longer hold himself up, toppled softly into his arms. Only then did he seem to awake from his trance and at long last, his mind came to process all that had transpired. All of a sudden, he gave a forceful roar that tore at one's heart and cracked one's lungs: "Su Su..." And then he tightly hugged Su Yi's broken and limp body, in panic he wildly cried out: "Somebody come... Zi Liu... Zi Liu... Su Su, what happened to you? What is happening to you?"

Blood was still spilling out in large spurts from Su Yi's mouth, with movements that were clumsy from being flustered, Wanyan Xu hurriedly covered his mouth. Tears of fright were slipping down his face and he implored Su Yi with a choked voice: "Su Su... Su Su... don't throw up anymore, I beg you not to throw up anymore..." Wanyan Shuo, Zi Nong and the rest, who had been standing to the side had also rushed to crowd around Su Yi. Suddenly, they heard a genteel voice say loudly: "Everybody, give way. Your Majesty please remove your hand, let Young Master get rid of all the residual blood in his body." As it turned out, the voice belonged to none other than Zi Liu. She had gone to the back room to fetch a cloak for Wanyan Xu when she suddenly heard his voice coming from the hall in front. His tone of his voice had changed drastically and he was calling for her. When she came back to the hall, with a single look, she roughly understood what had happened. Now, she quickly stepped forward and saw that Su Yi's chest, as well as Wanyan Xu's robes, was sodden with fresh blood. At the sight, Zi Liu could not stop her own face from turning pale; lifting Su Yi's wrist, she took his pulse [1] for a little while before slowly getting back onto her feet, while hanging her head.

Just from her actions, Wanyan Xu and Zi Nong, etcetera could clearly understand how the situation stood. Wanyan Xu embraced Su Yi even more tightly. He suddenly tugged at the front of Zi Liu's jacket and looked at her with crazed eyes as he loudly hissed between his teeth: "No... Su Su's only vomiting blood, Zi Liu, I [2] order you to save his life... I know you will be able to save his life... Zi Liu..."

Suddenly he heard a small, reedy voice coming from below, saying: "Wanyan [3], don't be like this..." He quickly looked down at Su Yi, only to see that a melancholic smile had taken up residence at the corners of Su Yi's blood-stained lips. Laboriously, Su Yi raised a hand and wiped away the tears that had covered Wanyan Xu's face before saying tenderly: "Everyone has to die at some point, don't be sad, or else... or else when I go... I will not be at peace." Su Yi took a glance around the whole room and saw Wanyan Shuo. The boy had been scared silly and at this time, he could only weep. Quickly, Su Yi grabbed his hand and said: "Child, don't cry. You should... you should forget all about me quickly... I... in this life, I am already deeply in the debt of you and your father... if... if you still shed tears over me... it is not worth it... moreover... moreover it is not... something that a monarch should do..."

At this point, he had to stop and gasp a few times for air, suddenly a fresh burst of fishy sweetness rose in his throat and again, he spit out another large mouthful of blood. At the moment, in his heart, he had ten-thousand words that he wished to say, but he was unable to speak even one word and could only try to convey them with his eyes by looking at Wanyan Xu over and over again. The look in his eyes was one of manifold reluctance to part, but also said that he was helpless to prevent it.