Chapter 6

I walked into the living room, really uncomfortable now and the room went silent, definitely awkward.  I wanted to run out of there as I saw the different emotions on the sea of faces before me. Emma saved me and started to introduce me to her family, ‘Macey, this is my mom and dad,’ she pointed to the middle aged couple sitting on the right of me, it was clear the man was an Alpha, he figure was domineering and empowering but the way he sat next to his beautiful wife showed love and compassion that had power of its own. Emma’s mom was tall and looked amazing for someone who had three grown kids, she looked a lot like Emma and Ashley and she had Noah’s hair. She came up to me and surprised me by hugging me, it was awkward as hell but I felt it was natural at the same time; she pulled away and said ‘nice to meet you dear.’ She smiled and sat back next to her husband. Then, Emma introduced me to her mate Jace and then to Charlotte.

‘Macey this is Charlotte’ she pointed to an amazingly gorgeous girl who had fiery red hair and bright blue eyes; it was obvious why Noah was going out with her.

After she gave me an astonishingly long overview she finally spoke, ‘so, your Macey, not much competition are you.’ She smirked.

The whole room went quiet, Noah inhaled sharply and you could hear a pin drop. ‘and you must be Charlotte, the one going out with my mate, thanks for keeping him company while I wasn’t here, you can go now,’ I bit back, I already hated the bitch. After giving me a dirty look she walked back and sat next to Noah, tangling her hands through his and kissing him, deeply, intensely. My body shook, and it took all of me to stop myself from ripping her head off.

I wanted to get out of there, fast. ‘It’s really good to meet you all, but I should be getting back home.’

Now Noah’s dad spoke, ‘nonsense we’re having dinner soon, you shall stay, and afterwards my son will drop you off.’

‘No, it’s ok, sir I don’t want to be a hass…’

‘It’s decided then, Emma, Ashley, take Macey to the dining room and set up for dinner.’