Chapter 18

My eyes fluttered open and met the concerned coral eyes of Leo; I lost count how many times this had happened so far. I begin to sit up and he helps me, holding out his hand to help me up. I reach for it and felt only electricity buzz through me and the coolness of a calm summer’s day. ‘Hey you ok?’ Leo asked, my ears were still buzzing but I managed to hear him and nod as an answer, ‘told you I was bad at anything involving balls.’ I meekly smiled and excused myself from the game, insisting they all carried on as I was only going to get a drink.

Entering the cool air conditioned café I got myself another soda and sat next to the window, staring out at the sea of people talking, sun bathing, making out, swimming, playing or just hanging out. Putting the ice cold drink on my already hot forehead, I wondered at who, or what I had seen. My head already hurt by the impact but thinking about it, imaging the return of Katie, however that was possible killed my brain-dead head but also made my heart give a little impulse of pain.

At that moment I looked up and saw her, she looked exactly like Katie, same body and figure, same face, eyes, smile. She was walking aimlessly wondering up and down, I made a decision and ran after her, pushing past strangers and couples and making sure to not trip and fall down again. One event of embarrassment was enough for today. I finally caught up with her; she was standing at the end of the pier, fearfully close to the end. I tapped her shoulder and I felt her shake, she turned around and shock filled her face as suddenly she slipped and before I could grab her she was falling, deep into the sea. Shocked ridden, I didn’t know what to do, my rain turned to mush as I just watched her fall backwards, and splash in to the sea, spraying water all around her.

Just as I was about to jump in after her, I saw a whoosh of wind coming out from the sea and landing somewhere behind me, the effect of it pushed me hard on the ground and I felt myself, for the second time that day hitting the hard ground. Quickly I got up, after a daze of dizziness, I turned around and saw her, the girl, the thing, whatever she is. ‘But, but...’ I was confused, sounding like a fish but pointing to the sea and back like a seal I was confounded and my head was beginning to hurt. I was seriously considering whether I had a head concussion or not.

I finally muttered a ‘what are you?’

She smiled and said, ‘why don’t you know, I'm a ghost of course.’

I laughed hesitantly, freaking out and wondering if I was dreaming or hallucinating. ‘But ghosts don’t exist. And even if they do I was able to touch you, I thought ghosts were see through and you can’t touch them or see them and transparent and…’ I knew I was blabbing but I just couldn’t get the ringing out of my head.

‘You’re a witch, a creature of the Unknown, like vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, and like ghosts. That is why you can see me. And there is a reason I came to you, I have a purpose, that is the only reason I have not passed on, and the fact that you are the one to first make contact with me means you have to help me reach it.’ She smiled and it totally unnerved me.

‘Wait, hold on. So your saying that your dead, and you haven’t gone to the next place whatever that is because you have a purpose which I have to help you meet?’

‘Yep, you have it in a nutshell.’

‘Ha really, well this nutshell I have it in is seeming really confusing right now. Erm well, if I have to help you then what do I need to help you on?’ these words even sounded weird to me, so I had no idea how she, it understood me.

‘I don’t really know my own purpose right now, but I do know what can help me realize it. ‘

‘Well, what?’ eager to get rid of this paranormal duty that somehow had befallen on me. I get all the good luck didn’t I?

‘Well you see, Macey that is your name isn’t it? Sorry I'm still getting used to being a ghost and knowing things about people like their names and where they live. Anyway when I was alive, I used to have a mate, and well if I can see him maybe I can figure out what my purpose is.’

Oh shit, before I knew what was happening words were flying beyond my eyes, ringing through my ears. I finally put the pieces together.

My head buzzed as my heart deflated a bit, this girl, this ghost was Katie, of course she was, and she looked exactly like she looked in the pictures, in the pictures which she was with Leo, the guy who was her mate, who loved her.

Leo was just over Katie, ready to move on. How could I help this girl go back into his life, and change him, alienate him from myself. But looking over at it, at her, at Katie I realized how selfish I was being. So I decided to put my feelings aside and agreed to help her. I smiled and said, ‘so, who is you mate?’ I took a deep breath, knowing the answer didn’t make it any easier, ‘it’s this werewolf Leo.’

Putting my feelings aside, I decided to meet Katie tomorrow at the house, ready to introduce her to Leo…

___________________________

hey, let me know what you think and I hope you like this chapter :)

VOTE X COMMENT X ENJOY