Chapter 14

Macey’s POV

All I could see was darkness as it surrounded me like a blanket. I felt pain everywhere, my body, mind and soul alike ached and pained. My heart gave a flutter as its beats went excruciatingly slow, one after another, taking an age to get on to the next one, keeping in suspense the rest of body as to whether that beat would be its last or not…

Leo’s POV

It had been 72 hours since Macey had opened her eyes; the doctor had come and gone the very first day, healing her broken arm and cuts and bruises she had gotten, and stating she needed rest, and that she would wake in her own time. We trusted him, as well as a doctor he was a witch from a powerful lineage, but now, three days later everyone was feeling the strain. Macey’s aunt was staying in our guest room as we didn’t want her to not be here when Macey awoke, she needed her family, what was left of it, and it was clear how much her aunt loved her. Macey herself was still asleep in my room, we didn’t want to pain her further so we left her when I had put her on that very first day, and I was sleeping in one of the other guest rooms.

I had been staying at my uncles ever since I was seven; I had lost both my parents and my younger brother and sister in a car accident, not a lot of things killed werewolves, but a car falling off a 100 feet cliff into fast flowing running water would do the job. My family had been kind as I grieved and took me in; Emma and Ashley were great and were like my sisters, just as Noah had been like my brother. But he had changed, when I came back from California he had gone withdrawn, quiet and reluctant. He spent all his time with that bitch Charlotte and had turned into a bastard.

I was pacing up and down the living room, too anxious to sit, the others were all in school and Uncle Harry had a pack meeting. I was alone with Aunt Ginny, I hadn’t gone to school, not feeling to well, I didn’t want to go to the funeral service for Cole which every student was required to go either. The pack had made it so that it looked as if an animal had mauled him, and since I was the one who killed the f**king bastard I didn’t think it was appropriate for me to see him getting a proper burial. I decided to go upstairs, feeling like checking on Macey, she had confused me. I hardly knew the girl yet there was something about her, something deep and sincere that had me hooked. As I entered the room my heart instantly raced at seeing her, and I became instantly angry at Cole, I should have kept him alive a little longer, to make him suffer as she had been, my mind flashed to the cove, her scream, her pained eyes and her broken figure loomed in front of my eyes.

I went a little closer, to where Macey was laying, and sat next to her, I was surprised when my heart beat got a little faster. I stayed there for about 20 minutes, watching Macey inhale and exhale, she looked so peaceful. I got up to leave when I saw that her eyes had begun to flutter…            

Macey’s POV

It was an agonizing task but I opened my eyes, slowly and calmly.  I saw flashes of light and I saw those same beautiful eyes that had saved me from Cole. He helped me sit up and as I gasped he realized I needed water, he reached for the glass, slowly lifting it to my parched lips and helping me drink. I ached everywhere and looked down to see my left arm in a sling; I could see the bandages on my arm and legs, covering my bruises. I looked up to those gorgeous coral eyes, with their hint of purple looking down at me, with care and affection. He laid me down again and whispered, ‘you need your rest, sleep now.’

A sudden flash of fatigue hit me as I realised how tired I was, ‘I don’t even know you name’ I managed to croak to the handsome stranger who had saved me. ‘I'm Leo.’ He whispered back, 'Thank you...Leo,' and as I though how appropriate and amazing his name was I drifted off to a peaceful sleep, those startling eyes on me, and feeling protected for once.

Aunt Ginny (Noah’s mom)’s POV

I watched as Leo gently watched over Macey, and I wondered about the pain both of them had been through. Leo was a son to me just as Noah was, but Noah had disappointed me so much these last few days, rejecting Macey, choosing Charlotte and not helping his mate at all. But he was my son and no matter what I loved him. And I loved Leo too; he deserved happiness after Katie had passed away and Macey could give that to him just as he could to her. As I turned to leave I saw Leo bend down and plant a tender kiss on Macey’s forehead, I smiled as I thought about the love blossoming through them...

_________________

Sorry its so short but hey im not feeling too good, and i did kinda promise i would upload :)

VOTE X COMMENT X ENJOY