38

(Val's POV)

I woke up with Chloe laying on my chest. I smiled and ran my fingers through her hair. I was so lucky to have her. I'm such a jerk and she still puts up with me.

A sharp pain ran through my other hand and I was reminded of yesterday. I heard the front door open and close and I jumped up forgetting Chloe was laying on me almost hitting her. I walked into the hallway to find Daniel with bagels and coffee

"Calm down. You don't want to kill the guy with breakfast, do you?" I just looked at him. I didn't want to talk to any one of them. "Oh come on Val, I couldn't tell you. Mom said not to."

"Fuck you." I said. I walked off and went into the bathroom to take a shower. When I got out Chloe was sitting on the couch eating.

"Good morning Sweetheart." I said kissing her on the cheek

"Good morning." She moved over so I could sit next to her

"Did he leave?"

"Yes Daniel left. Honey, I know you're mad, but you can't ignore your family. It was out of their control and you know that."

"Chloe, I can't go back. I can't see her like that. I can't remember her like that."

"You still have the necklace she gave you. You never took it back."

"Because I want you to have it. It means a lot to me and so do you. If anything ever happens to me, you'll have something to remember me by."

"What can happen to you?"

"You never know." She gave me a weak smile

"I guess I need to go get ready. Danny will be back soon to pick us up and take us to the hospital."

"Danny? When did you start calling him that?"

"He told me too."

"You know he has a crush on you right?"

"Yeah, but he also knows you are insane." She got up and went into the bathroom

While I was waiting, Daniel came back.

"Val, are you going to ignore me forever?"

"How would you feel if we didn't tell you mom had cancer? How would you feel after you just got back from being shot, stabbed and almost killed to find out your family has been lying to you about one of the most important people in your life dying?"

"You have every right to be angry but I had to respect moms wishes."

"I guess you're right. I don't know how I'm going to deal with loosing her. I know she doesn't have much time left."

"You're not alone."

"I know. I just wish you all had told me before. I just needed some time to process it. Now I don't have much time at all."

"Honey, your phone is ringing!" I heard Chloe yell from the room. I went to the room and it was Jenna.

"When were you going to tell me you were back home?"

"I just got here last night. So much has been happening."

"When are you coming over to see Valarie?"

"Tomorrow. I promise I'll be there."

"Ok and leave the candy home."

"I can't make any promises."

"Val I'm serious."

"Ok ok." I laughed

After getting of the phone with Jenna, I ate and then Danny took us to the hospital. When we reached my mom's room I didn't want to go in. I couldn't see her like that. I stood in the hallway for awhile until Vinnie came out.