80

(Chloe's POV)

It's been a over a week and I haven't heard anything from Val or Nick. I'm trying to hold it together but I'm really starting to worry. As worried as I am, no one is more concerned than Brianna. The poor thing is going crazy. She's been crying and doesn't want to eat and barely sleeps. I told her she needs to make sure she doesn't stress herself out because it can harm the baby. Nick has left with Val before but I think the fact that we had to relocate made things worse.

Carter has been great at trying to keep everyone entertained and in a good mood. He's been a great help with the twins and he makes sure he takes extra care if Brianna because she's pregnant.

"Mama do you need anything?" Carter asked me pulling me from my thoughts

"No sweetheart. I don't need anything. I should be asking you that anyway. You do know I'm still your mother, right?"

"Yes but I just want to make sure that you and Mrs. Sampson are okay. She has a whole baby in her belly." He said that as if there was ever a chance she would have half of a baby.

"Yeah I know she does. However, you are still 8 years old and you need to remember that. You may be the man of the house as you say but I am still the parent. So go and play with your toys or take a nap. I have this, okay?"

"Okay mama." He ran off and sat next to the twins and played with his action figures

The house was quiet for a minute and then out of nowhere I heard Brianna scream my name from the bathroom.

"Carter stay here and don't move." I said before running to the bathroom. When I got there she was sitting on the floor and blood was everywhere.

"Chloe what do I do? I don't want to lose her." She said crying and looking at her hands which were covered in blood. This was absolute worse time for this to happen. We didn't have any phones or any way for us to contact help because we were off the grid. Brianna is only 6 months pregnant it's too early for this to be happening.

By the grace of god I heard the door open and Carter yell Val's name.

"Where's your mama and Brianna?" I heard Val ask Carter

I didn't hear what Carter said but I heard footsteps running towards the bathroom. Nick was the first to get there and he damn near kicked me out of the way.

"What's wrong? What happened?" He asked

"I don't know. I was going to take a shower when I felt a sharp pain in my back and stomach. Nick I don't want to lose our baby girl." Her voice was shaky and she was in too much pain to move.

"Val what are we going to do?" Nick asked

"Hold on." She climbed on top of the sink and pushed part of the ceiling in and took what looked like a small phone out and called someone. "Help is coming Brianna and I promise you're baby girl is going to be okay." There Val goes making promises she knows damn well isn't guaranteed. I guess it was her way of making sure she was calm so she wouldn't do anymore damage.

I heard the twins crying so I went to see what was wrong and when I walked in there Carter was just staring at me.

"What's wrong with the twins?" I asked

"What's wrong with you? Why do you have blood all over you? Is Mrs. Sampson okay? What's going on?" Carter said all in one breath. His face was a mix between scared and confused