Part 07

RK was facing the window, with his back to the door. Madhu slightly opened the door, and poked her head it.
Madhu: "May I come in?"
RK gestures with his hand, indicating her to come in.
Madhu: "Sir, I am Madhubala Malik, and I am told that I will start working as your P A from today."
RK slowly turns around with a lazy smile on his face, and his smile turns even bigger when he sees the shock on Madhu's face.
Madhu felt as if her heart just fell to the pit of her stomach: "Shaurya?"
RK: "So we meet again, Malik."

All the promises, all those pains and betrayals, all those loneliness came flooding back to her mind as she stood there looking at the man who had taught her how to love and then taught her how to live without that love, who had given her the biggest happiness of her life- her daughter, who had ruined her life. Tears started coming to her eyes, and she told herself, she would not cry, she will not cry. She will not show him that he still mattered to her.

After what seems like an eternity, Madhu asked:"What are you doin here?"
RK: "Well, this is my company!!!"
Madhu in a voice filled with contempt: "I thought you had absconded to US."
Suddenly, the smile on his face froze, and he gave her a chillying look. Slowly, he got up and walked towards her.
RK: "Anyways, office hour is from 9 in the morning, but I come here around 8 in the morning, so I want you to be here before I come, organize my meetings and appointments for each day with a hot cup of coffee waiting for me."
Now he was standing right infront of her, and leaned closer to her, whispered into her ears.
RK: "You remember how I like my coffee right?"
And he took a deep breath, and Madhu had goosebumps all over her body.
RK: "Ah... I was wondering whether you changed your shampoo... No you didn't... you do remember how the smell drove me crazy right?"

He looked the same, but somehow looked more mature, his hair was a little over grown, and he got specs. But all that was making him look all the more sexy. Madhu tried to calm herself by taking a deep breath, Oh God! How good he smelled. It was driving her crazy. Her heart was beating so fast, that she was scared it will burst now. Madhu hated this effect he had on her. She suddenly moved back, and with a determined face.

Madhu: "No, I don't remember and I don't have to because, I am not going to work for you."
Madhu starts to walk out.
RK: "Stop right there Malik! Otherwise I will continue this conversation right outside, and mind you, that time I won't be talking about what I liked, but rather what you liked, and mainly what you liked that I did to you. (when he sees her shocked expression he continues with an evil smile, he walks towards her and runs his fingers on her cheek moving down towards her neck) and how you used to beg me to touch you."
Madhu pushes his hand away: "You bas***d!!!"
RK amused: "Now, is that the way how you talk to your boss, Malik?"
Madhu: "I am not going to work for you!!!"
RK: "But you have no option Malik! Remember? You signed a bond for two years?"
Madhu shocked and helpss: "How could you do this?"
RK just shrugs: "The first cabin on the right when you walk out is yours. Now get to work!"

Madhu stood there rooted to the ground. She didn't know for how long she will be able to hold back her tears. She still couldn't believe it, that Rishabh Shaurya Kundra was back in her life!!!Oh God! She has to work for him???She has to see his face everyday?What kind of a fate is this??? She watched him, walk back to his seat, and start working.

She was soon forgotten, just like how he had forgotten her and her love 5 years ago. Slowly, she walked out and walked inside the cabin Shaurya mentioned was hers. There was an impressive table and two chairs, a laptop on the table, a small clock and a calender, a plant in the corner, a couch in the other corner, a nice view but nothing registered in her mind. She was too shocked to take notice. Slowly the tears started, she sat on her chair silently wept for the cruel game destiny was playing on her.