Part 33

RK keeps looking at the chain in shock as he held his chain fisted.

"Your mother gave it to her five years ago." Trishna says as she tried to control her emotions remembering what her sister has been going through all these years thinking the man she loved cheated her.

RK looks at Trishna confused, seeing the tears in her eyes he remembers what the chain had been for Madhu and him, but he couldn't believe what Madhu's di was saying, his mother gave a chain like that to Madhu? No, she never knew about the chain and she can never do something like this. RK turns to look at his mother, so she could confirm it to him that she didn't know anything.

The moment he saw his mother's face, there was only one thing in his heart and lips, "Why?"

Hearing her son's heartbroken question Radha falls on her knees as she broke down folding her hands at her son "I am sorry, Shaurya. I am sorry."

A single lone tear fell down his eye as he watched his mother crumpled to the floor mumbling incoherently.

"Madhu was told that you didn't want her. That you were bored with her and left her." Sultan says angrily thinking about the injustice done to Madhu and Sahasra, also to RK.

Turning to look at Sultan, RK says "I never left her. I love her. I have always loved her."

"We know." Sultan reassures him, "Madhu also knows. Last night your mother told her everything."

RK remembers Madhu coming to meet him the night before, she had told him that she never left him, but he didn't believe her and didn't let her speak instead told her he hates her, and now she truly left him, leaving behind Sassy for him. RK couldn't believe that his heart had always been right; Madhu loves him, has always loved him and could never betray him. He wanted to laugh, dance and cry in joy that his Madhu had never left him. He hears a sob and remembering his mother he turns to her and seeing her in the same position he kneels down hugging Sassy's sleeping form tightly to himself, and asks her as tears roll down his face freely "Why mom? Why did you do this? You knew how much we loved each other, then why?"

When Radha continued to cry without replying Sultan says from behind "Shamsher Malik and she did everything."

RK turns to Sultan in shock, even Papa was involved? The people he had trusted over his Madhu and his heart had betrayed him.

Trishna realizing that Sultan was going to tell RK everything then and there interferes "RK, we will tell you everything but can we go to our house, Adi our son, he is alone there."

RK nods and stands up with Sassy in his hands and without looking at his mother he walks out with Sultan and Trishna.

RK was sitting with Sassy on his lap as he tried to register everything that Sultan and Trishna had told him about what had really happened to Madhu, Sassy and him. He couldn't believe that their parents did this to them and all because of money. But more than at his mother or Madhu's father, he was angry at himself for not believing Madhu but blindly believing what was presented to him, and she had to struggle in this world as an unwed mother. And he knew how cruel this world could be to an unwed pregnant girl. She had strongly faced the world bearing everyone's questions and accusations including his.

"Do you know where she went?" Trishna asks worried, "Did Sahasra tell you anything?"

Realizing that he can't sit here all his life, he had to take charge and get his life, his Madhu back, RK immediately stands up.

"Where are you going?" Sultan asks as he stood up with RK.

"Kolkata." RK answers determinedly.