Funerals and Goodbyes

No one in this house has been really concentrating on the time. Or Hell. Or anything.

We have just been here but not here.

No one has left each other sides in case one of us disappears.

The night it happened the warehouse flooded.

We all got swept away from the ware house and planted in the house where we have not moved.

It was hard. Josie tried to hold onto her son as long as she could. She screamed and cried and Charles helped her too. However no matter what, they got departed.

People from the town said they would sorted everything out and the 'right' people took him away.

How can they say the 'right' people. We are the right people for him but they don't care.

All they care about is procedure and what is right not what we need.

Not a random, lifeless body or whatever, but life. Him alive and ready to tackle the next big adventure.

But no, that is not going to happen.

But why?

Why can't it happen?

If this hell place can happen, why can't this?

***
Today is the first day that we all have been departed from.

People from the town split into groups. One for each of us.

For some reason my group was the smallest and that only included the elderly neighbour that have us the first clue into helping find Carrie.

She washed me, dried me, clothed me and sorted out my hair and make-up.

No matter how long I stare in this mirror at the natural make-up and waterfall styled hair; I still don't see a point.

It was as simple as this black, knee length dress and dolly shoes.

When I moved the silver watch on my wrist, I could might a light but that was useless.

Dropping the pendant I turned around and strolled out the door; thanking the elderly neighbour.

Tip toeing down the stairs; everyone else was waiting by the door.

Charles, Liam and Andrew were wearing simple black suits with ties.

Then Josie, Florence and Carrie all wore similar clothes to me. The simple elegant black dress with dolly shoes.

However Josie's hair had been pulled back, Flo's hair had been twisted and placed on top of her head and Carrie's hair had been plaited down each side of her shoulders.

I noticed they all wore a coloured pendant which was silver outlined.

Josie's was red to match her motherhood, Flo's was green to match her eyes and Carries was purple to match her calm and feisty personality.

We all nodded to each other before heading out and into the car.

Before I got through the door, Liam called my name.

Spinning around I turned to face him.

"How are you doing?" I asked him.

Liam just gave me a grimaced smile and asked me to turn around and close my eyes.

Slowly I obeyed.

Feeling his breath on my neck, Liam placed something around my neck.

"Turn around and open your eyes," he whispered.