C6

"Why are you here, Glenn?" I repeated quietly as he looked away, ignoring the question. "I remember the day that I found Rick. He screwed us, but also saved our asses. I remember when we took him back to our group. Lori, his wife, and him had been separated. Told by Shane, his best friend, that he was dead. Then he just stepped out and little Carl was screaming 'dad' and ran to him. I wished for that to happen to me. With my family. But it never happened. I still wish for that to happened... Then we came here. You were standing tall, the first person we saw aside from Aaron and his group. Brusque. You looked... Hostile. You were prepared to fight if we posed any threat. I respect that. I'm scared, though. Just like Rick and his happiness of seeing his family, when Lori died... When she died he shut down. Went crazy. I don't want that. I never want that to happen..." He inhaled deeply and began to stumble over his words. "I.. I can't lose you." He looked up at me, his dark eyes were filled with sadness and his hair was messily pushed back. I could see him searching my face, looking for any emotion. I opened my mouth slightly then pursed my lips, "What do you mean..?" He stood up and sighed, stepping towards the door. "I mean that I cannot lose you. You've become my reason to stay alive. I mean that if I lose you I will be broken, I will have no motivation to keep breathing and fighting off those god damn monsters. I know you can protect yourself, but I will never let you get hurt, I will protect you. I will always protect you... And if you disappear or die without my knowledge I will make it my soul purpose in life to save you. To die with you, if it comes down to that.." He looked back at me once more. "I'm going on a run with Noah and Deanna's two sons. If I don't come back, remember what I said." He turned back and stepped out of our small infirmary, softly shutting the door as he went. "Glenn..." I whispered, frowning slightly as I turned towards the window, watching as he headed towards the gate, "please come back safe..."