Chapter 5

I sat against the wall with the man tied up in front of me. Everyone was obviously confused on how I tied him up, loosely. "That isn't a vary effective way of tying someone up. Should I show you how?" Okita offers eyeing the man.

"He's one of your experiment furies. This rope keeps a fury from resisting. Around his neck so he won't thrash his head around. His wrists together so he won't be able to fight. And his ankles so he can't run. He won't untie it because he will be completely still. He'll be in a relaxed and sated state." I explain pointing to each part.

"That's impressive." Sannan murmurs studying the ropes.

"But will he be able to wake up? I don't know what you did but-"

"Yes, I just knocked him out. I'll teach you how to make this rope for your furies later but..." I kick out my leg and bring it down on his stomach, hard.

His body caves in as he begins to cough. It fades away as his body relaxes into the rope. He stares at us in confusion. "Remain calm. We took this precaution because you are a fury." We inform and he nods slowly, obviously still slightly dazed.

"No, did I... I don't remember what happened. This girl pulled me in the alleys for me to help her and... Did I-" He begins to panic with obvious remorse.

"I'm right here. No, I just knocked you out and brought you back. Nothing happened." I inform bluntly, waving to show him who I was.

"Then why am I constrained? I was allowed to run errands during the day." He says but I shake my head.

"I've been watching you. And now I have reported you for being a traitor. You've leaked the Shinsengumi's classified information and participated in other experiments with an other unqualified individual illegally testing the Water of Life. I have already proven these accusations to the leaders and captains of the Shinsengumi." I inform and he tries to be terrified but the rope isn't allowing any emotions to pass. Not to mention the suspicion of him being in sunlight when he obviously can't take it, no fury could, at least not directly.

"But they are making an exception for you to live because then it would be just be a waste. You will basically be on house arrest. If any other infractions are committed you will receive full punishment." I warn and he turns his head slowly to look at the leaders.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to be normal again. I didn't want to live like this." He begins apologetically and nervously.

"Well that isn't possible anymore." He turns to me. "There is no cure and this is what you chose. And just so you know..." I pull out a pair of broken glasses and crouch next to him for him to see. "I took care of him." I whisper as I drop the glasses before him and stand up.

"No, he had a wife and-" He tries to yell, referencing the man he was seeing to "cure" him.

"Really? I knew that man for quiet some time and never did he even show any interest in that sort of thing. You shouldn't trust others easily but you should have trusted Sannan and the Shinsengumi to help you. In the end, what have you done besides forget your loyalty? Nothing. You're powerless by yourself. It's about time you realize the Shinsengumi is all you have left. Don't mess it up again." I turn away swiftly and leave them all shocked speechless.