Chapter 14

"I didn't abandon you. I saved you." I nod. "You did not meet Kondou Isami. You did not have a master named Okita Souji." I nod. "You did not runaway alone. I took you and ran." I nod. "There is nothing at the dojo that interests you. You have no association with it." I nod. "I did not abandon you. You know I would never do that." I nod. "I am your brother and you love me." I nod. "Now drink this." He holds out a cup of cherry blossoms and water. I nod and drink it.

~~~

I wake up and I'm alone. I'm no longer sick. Just sad. I've realized things that I don't want to believe. That I don't want to know. I get dressed and go find everyone.

Everyone is off eating breakfast. I walk in and everyone freezes. I ignore all of them and go directly to Kondou-San. Without warning I catch him in a tight hug. "I remember." I whisper. He laughs and hugs me back.

"I'm glad." He whispers back.

"What's happening?" Heisuke asks. I laugh and pull back.

"Kondou-San took care of me when I was five. I remember now." I stand up grinning. "And I also remember..." I turn to Souji. I go up and hug him to. He freezes with shock. "You were my first master. You were the little boy." I laugh pulling away. I look and he's slightly blushing.

"What?" Nagakura asks confused.

"Whenever I wasn't with Kondou-San I would go to watch Souji train. That's how I learned to use a sword. You taught me!"

"What?" I grin at him.

"Don't believe me, Souji-sensei?" I wink, laughing. Everyone laughs with me.

"Are you feeling okay?" Kondou-San asks.

"Yeah, what was all the fuss about-" Heisuke begins before he's elbowed by Harada.

"Well everything about my past is a lie and built on lies. I would say I'm doing great." I throw my hands up falling down on my back.

"Sorry about that." Heisuke mutters.

"I guess good and bad go hand in hand. Now I'm gonna go and kill Yamazaki continuing the session without consent." I stand up.

"Hey, he was helping you-" Kondou-San starts.

"No, and to add to what Saitou said in my frozen state my past was not ideal and this did not do much to help. But I'm glad that at least something good came from it." I give Kondou-San and Souji a smile.

~~~

They got Yamazaki so I wouldn't do anything "rash." But as soon as they walk through the door I give him a good punch to the jaw.

"Hey!" I get him by the collar and drag him to the open courtyard.

"Stay back!" I call. I pull out my fans but toss them to the side. "It's only fair that we have a little fight to settle things. I need to have a word with you."

"I did what I did-"

"I don't care." I say loosening up my shoulder. "Not all of my memories have come back but I'm not sure I want to remember them. You shouldn't mess with something you can't understand." I kick and he blocks, barley. I chuckle.

"Honestly, you've crossed a vary sensitive line and now you've woken up a rather unpleasant side in me." His eyes widen as I kick again. He blocks and I laugh cruelly. "Or maybe this is just me having some fun."

I laugh again, relaxing. I put my hands behind my head grinning as I went to go pick up my fans. I tucked them away walking away.

This was the game I played. Threaten them with death without being direct. Be dangerous and lethal but not harmful. It was a game of tortuous wait. When would I get serious?

~~~

"Wasn't that little show a bit cruel?" Souji asks.

"Yes, but it's better than me getting too worked up over." I swing myself off the branch next to Souji. "I'm mostly angry about what I found out. I'm glad you were my master and that Kondou-San was a care taker of mine but everything else is not something to smile about. For now I'll leave it alone and take it forward one step at a time." He grins.