Chapter 16

I walked with Yamazaki. Besides my new found rest that did wonders for my appearance, I added something to my attire that was truly mine, given to me by my former servant and master... A sword.

Although it was rightfully mine to begin with. He had explained that it belonged to my true family. The one I was taken from.

"Sakura!" Kondou-San called running up to give me a hug. I hugged him back to. I couldn't help but hold on tight.

"I missed you too, idiot." He laughed letting me go.

"I see you remembered your nickname for me." I laughed. Everyone gave me a hug and expressed their happiness that I was okay. I even forced Sannan, Saitou, and Souji to give me a hug. Then I grabbed Souji's hand and started dragging him with me.

"Come on, your my master, I trained while I was away so I could beat you officially!" He laughed.

"Well it seems you've gotten over your sickness quickly." I hear Itou say. I chuckle turning to him.

"Yes, thanks for your concern. Along the way I remembered my true master, the one who made any progress with me unlike you." Itou looks at mine and Souji's interlocked hands.

"What a coincidence that it would be our Okita-San." I grin and squeezing Souji's hand from my excitement.

"I know it's almost unbelievable. It's also a coincidence that Kondou-San was my former guardian. I see him as a father figure. So you know what that means? I'll protect him with my life."

"Sakura!" Kondou-San says in surprise.

"That goes as well for everyone in the Shinsengumi."

"Are you implying me in this as well?" He asks grinning. I hold Souji's hand tighter, smiling brightly. I was getting worked up.

"No, quiet the opposite. I almost forgot. Yamazaki?" He comes up next to Itou.

"My men have done the task." He nods. I laugh.

"Kashitarou Itou, you are under arrest by the Shinsengumi for attempt of assassination on the leader of the Shinsengumi and plotting against the emperor." I smile as Yamazaki pins him down to the ground. "Farewell my failed tutor." I wiggle my fingers at him. His eyes are wide with shock.

"You have no proof!" He snarls. I get on the ground so we're face to face.

"Do you not suspect who I am? After all I use to work for you, masked in your shadow." His eyes widen as I roll on to my back laughing. Yamazaki pulls him up, done from binding him.

"This could be the most I ever laughed." Souji holds out a hand for me. I take it smiling. He helps me up. Everyone is looking at me, expecting an explanation.

"While I was working without permission I eavesdropped on some suspicious meetings of Itou's and found out he was working with people in plan to overthrow the Shoungate. Yamazaki and me took care of it and he'll give you his reports and my notes." I smile. Everyone's eyes widen.

"And now we're all going to Shimabarra to celebrate because I'm paying." Everyone cheers.

"You seem vary cheerful today." Souji says.

"Because I need to be."

~~~

"Are you really okay?" Hijikata-San asks. Him, Sannan-San, and Kondou-San had called a private meeting.

"I don't know officially. But the treatments make me sick so I can't continue them. The worst is gone though. Now I get to remember my memories of Kondou-San and Okita-San." Kondou-San smiles.

"Will that affect your health or fighting?" He asks.

"No..."

I'm watching the idiot meet someone. My master is there too. Who was this? He had medicine. He was tall, wearing a wooden pack. He was friendly too. The idiot seemed to like him... He laughs at something. I need to keep a close watch.

It's been a few weeks but I keep noticing something. His smile. Why was he smiling? Why was he happy? I wish I could smile like that...

"Sakura? Are you okay?" Kondou-Sans voice snaps me out of it.

"You didn't respond to anything." Sannan informs.

"What happened?" Hijikata asks.

"I had a flash of a memory. Hijikata you use to smile a lot when you were younger." He reddens.

"Where did that come from suddenly?" He asks embarrassed.

"The memory was when you use to visit the dojo. I never met you but I would follow you to make sure you were okay for Kondou-San to be around." Kondou-San laughs.

"I use to try to get you to meet people. You never did though."

"Really? I didn't notice." Hijikata says absentmindedly.

"Will this happens often?" Sannan asks. I shake my head.

"It's only if I'm reminded of something. You were asking about my health and I remembered you always had medicine packs in your bag."

"How did you know that?" He asks.

"I checked." I laugh. "Actually," I say calming down. "It explains a different memory. I would have memories of taking your bandages for my arm and Okita. Also medicine for whenever he got sick. I guess I know where it came from."

"That's stealing." He mutters making us laugh.

"Just so you know, I know you've been ther the whole time." I call to the other room making them jump back in surprise making a ruckus. I laugh as the leaders look dumbfounded. I don't think they noticed the others until I pointed it out.