Chapter 25

I wake up to loud noises and get dressed to investigate. I'm glad I did because when I get to the front there is a large fight. I slip in the back improvising a quick plan.

I pull on my mask and flick out my fans. I run straight across, slicing every enemy in reach, making some breathing room for the soldiers. I jump in front of Souji, crouching and holding my fans out, blocking Kazama's attack. My arms shake until he pulls back allowing my arms to rest.

"I thought we had an understanding." I say calmly.

"We need all information on the Tatsumaru person. Then we'll leave." He grins as his two head companions come and back him up.

"Never." But I begin to cough.

"You look sick..." They grin.

"You look halfway dead." I say looking up. "Leave now. If you don't I will show no mercy and I'll make sure I enjoy every miserable scream you make." I grin calmly. "The Shinsengumi are under my protection."

"Don't get too confident." His hand tightens and I block his attack. But they did something I didn't think of. One of the men had Souji on his knees with a gun to his head. The battles continue except the captain leaders surround us. I feel rage fill me.

"Tell us what we need to know and we'll leave." He offers again.

"The thing is, that I work in the shadows and I happen to love this place. I always have a trump card. In this case I have two scenarios. Yamazaki!" I hear him land between Hijikata and Saitou.

"I have it." He responds.

"Choose to make an enemy of me or choose to leave." I hear a grunt and Heisuke is in Amagiri's hands. I pull the mask so it was folded like a headband and cover my eyes.

"I will get my information one way or another. Stop playing games." I hear him say.

"I can't take it." I say defeated. "I'm losing my resolve, my control. I'm ashamed of what I am. But right now I don't care. I don't care!" I yell gripping my fans so tight they bleed. "I will not allow you to hurt them!" I scream as I feel energy pour into me. I feel my eyes warm and hair tingle.

"Sakura!" The others gasps.

"I've lost my control. And sometimes..." I chuckle. "I don't know when to stop." I launch myself forward with a grand smile. His surprise is evident as I force him backwards against my force. Even with one sense gone, another could replace it.

"I sense nothing... Are you, perhaps a fully improved and developed fury?" He asks expecting me to pause to answer. But I draw blood in a deep cut in his shoulder.

"I don't know! But I would crave you're blood even if I was human! The smell and the sound is enough for me to visualize! I want all of it at my feet!" I laugh in a crazed tone of furies as I feel my fan get him deep across the chest. He uses that moment to knock me back but I land on all fours, stopping the fall.

I hear his men try to help out but Kazama orders them to stop. "We will settle this later. I wasn't expecting this." I hear a gust of wind but I catch his foot before he's able to escape.

"I'm not done." I smile in my singsong voice as I throw him down. I hear him disappear, not taking the bait.

My energy dies as I lose my motivation and drive. I drop my fans. "S-Sakura..?" They ask. But I pull a vial from my sash to reveal a pink petal filled one. I shake and tremble as I force it down my throat. My hands are in tight fists at my sides with enough force to crush the vial just as a cherry blossom filled darkness takes me.